• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2012-13

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think he's annoyed because he announced yesterday that all of his players would wear the t-shirt and Ferdinand's shown him up in public. Storm in a teacup though. He's just being a cranky old man.

Arse 1 down to an atrocious Norwich side. Desperately need Chesney back.

Neil Pickup

In hindsight it does make me wonder if having a public pop at Roberts was his way of firing a warning shot across Rio's boughs. If marc had wind of it Ferguson must've known too.
Everyone had wind of it.

In other news: Jade Dernbach (@Jwd_16)..
"Love Arsene but what he sees in gervinho I will never know. He is a grade A donkey"

Someone introduce this man to irony...

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I should be used to it by now, but I'm deeply gutted about Freedman buggering off to Bolton. He really looks like one of the more talented young managers. Let's hope I'm wrong and that he takes Bolton into Div. 1. :ph34r:

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Surprised there hasn't been a pun or two concerning Braga's substitute keeper yet.

How many do we think Barcelona will put past Celtic?

grecian

C'mon Barca, put money on both Barca and Manure when they were losing, over 3-1, had to be done.

Scaly piscine

BBC Sport - Racism row: lawyer reveals black footballers' association talks

Personally I think having a black society of anything is essentially racist. Where do they draw the line? I mean Rio isn't exactly black anyway. Perhaps Herbert is going to comment on the 'disgrace' of all those jocks managing in the Premier League - or is it because they're the best people for the job and there's no ****ing tin foil hat conspiracy against English managers? Go peddle your **** somewhere else.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
**** we were great tonight. Probably the best I've seen this season, at home.

And we ****ing lost. Flabbergasted.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
BBC Sport - Racism row: lawyer reveals black footballers' association talks

Personally I think having a black society of anything is essentially racist. Where do they draw the line? I mean Rio isn't exactly black anyway. Perhaps Herbert is going to comment on the 'disgrace' of all those jocks managing in the Premier League - or is it because they're the best people for the job and there's no ****ing tin foil hat conspiracy against English managers? Go peddle your **** somewhere else.
His brother was plenty black enough for Terry, tbf. It's probably a sad reflection of where we are in 2012, but mixed race/dual heritage people are effectively treated as being black.

&, in my mind, there's no doubt that ethnic minority players do face problems that are peculiar to them. I'm sure the PFA does a lot of good work, but it respresents all professional footballers, including those who some might argue are part of the problem, like Captain Racist and Luis "****ing" Suarez.

Uppercut

True but I do find the theory about black managers being subject to racism pretty unconvincing. Amongst other things, when discrimination is present, clubs that don't discriminate tend to do disproportionately well. If premiership clubs aren't appointing excellent managers because they're black, then you'd expect the football league clubs that pick up those managers to excel. And that isn't really happening at all.

It could be that racist attitudes prevent black people from commanding the necessary respect to be a successful manager. But if that's the case you can't really expect chairmen to appoint them anyway as a matter of principle.

Scaly piscine

His brother was plenty black enough for Terry, tbf. It's probably a sad reflection of where we are in 2012, but mixed race/dual heritage people are effectively treated as being black.

&, in my mind, there's no doubt that ethnic minority players do face problems that are peculiar to them. I'm sure the PFA does a lot of good work, but it respresents all professional footballers, including those who some might argue are part of the problem, like Captain Racist and Luis "****ing" Suarez.
You can differentiate on nationality, as in having an Argentine player association, a French player association or whatever. That's reasonable. A black one is not. It's ridiculous for the sorts of reasons I already mentioned.

There are groups that are supposed to cover the discrimination. If they're not doing a good enough job then you do something about those groups, you don't set up a black players' association in retaliation. Two wrongs don't make a right.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Meh. Group, association; both amount to the same thing.

I don't see any problem with it myself. Lots of spheres have such narrow interest groups to cater for their members' specific issues. Some Trades Unions have groups to represent their ethnic minority or LGBT members' interests, for instance.

I think one thing the Terry case in particular has shown is that we haven't got our own house in order WRT race just yet. **** as he obviously is; he's an English **** so we can't blame his racial abuse on different cultural mores.