• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Under 19 World Cup 2012

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If this was the senior India side, they will just walk this chase from a situation like this. One of Kohli or Gambhir would still be in with Dhoni, Raina, Yuvraj all still batting or waiting to bat.

This guy Unmukt looks pretty good with the bat.
If it was the senior Indian side they wouldn't be facing a couple of 18 year olds either :)

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
FFS, I don't understand why the commentators get all worked up about a couple of dot balls or a single over. Think overall game, not that every over must have a boundary or whatever the hell they are talking about. No wonder players lose it so often if they are taught by coaches who think like that.

It's extremely hard to lose the game if you bat out all 50 overs chasing a total like this. Maidens don't matter that much in the first thirty-five or even forty overs if you have wickets.

Obviously it's always better to score, but if the bowling is on top, why take unnecessary risk just to deny a maiden or some meaningless stat?

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Well the required rate is up to six now. I guess those dot balls are adding up a bit...
Still not a problem IMO. Wickets matter more. I think they will get there if they don't lose any more wickets for the next 5-6 overs. It made no sense when they were already talking about dot balls when Zol was on - and I think he was thinking the same thing and got frustrated.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
FFS, I don't understand why the commentators get all worked up about a couple of dot balls or a single over. Think overall game, not that every over must have a boundary or whatever the hell they are talking about. No wonder players lose it so often if they are taught by coaches who think like that.
I think the point they're making is that that sort of thing definitely mounts pressure on young batsmen in a chase. I don't think they're actually saying that it's unacceptable, that the RRR is getting out of control and that the batsmen should take some crazy risks; I think they're just putting forward the idea that inexperienced players may be affected by it and end up thinking that themselves.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Still not a problem IMO. Wickets matter more. I think they will get there if they don't lose any more wickets for the next 5-6 overs. It made no sense when they were already talking about dot balls when Zol was on - and I think he was thinking the same thing and got frustrated.
I thought it mattered because you said their lower order is no good.

I wouldn't know, I've not seen anything of the tournament tbh.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
That's exactly their point. The dot balls matter, not because they were making it that much harder to chase this down but because the pressure was mounting.