• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Under 19 World Cup 2012

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I hope whoever is in next keeps his head and consolidates for the next ten overs. The captain should take some responsibility - it's hard for young guys to do that, but patience is very important, especially on a pitch that they know there'll be runs if they stick around.

Being at 100 after 25-26 overs would be just fine, if all the wickets are still there.

EDIT: There's the bouncer. A few more of those from the Aussies IMO. I like the look of this Gurinder Sandhu guy - has some potential.

Last edited:

blahblahblah

International 12th Man
India can do this given they dont lose wickets

havent followed aussies much, ut have they got any dangerous bowlers?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yessss; love the Turner. WAG. Gutted I missed his innings but being able to watch him bowl is well worth the trade. :wub:

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
tough chance, but i don't like this keeper. bad footwork. noticed it in the semi when he took a good catch, but there was no footwork. also was really slow whipping the bails off for a run-out

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Just looking at the batting lineup, and it seems almost non-existent after this (obviously very small sample size, but still).

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Thanks for that. Been reading a little bit about him - looks like a good find. Hopefully he is nurtured properly in FC cricket - it can be pretty brutal for a young spinner when the pitches don't help.
Yeah, hopefully he doesn't actually become Krejza 2.0. Lots of similarities to Krejza in his progression from a youth batsman to someone people saw as a frontline bowler, his attitude to bowling (gave an interview lately where he bemoaned new age defensive spinners in one day cricket) and his strengths/weaknesses (gets right over the top of the ball, gives it a rip, but tends to drop one short once an over). Turner's actually got some variation though (his arm ball is his best delivery by a distance) which gives him a leg up there.

Pitch conditions in the Shield will be a big thing for him, but given he gets bounce and drift he should like bowling at the WACA with that strong wind, and he's from WA so I hope he stays there.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Yea, I think no spinner wants to be defensive but when you're not doing well and if your spot comes under pressure, you'll do what it takes to stay in the team. It's unfortunate but you have to be given a very wide leash I think as a developing spinner, on pitches like this. And you absolutely need a coach and a captain who is going to stick with you even when you're ****. That's the hardest part, because it's too easy to just give the ball to someone else. And it may even be better short term for the game and you can't blame the captain for doing it - but it definitely hurts development.

Another reason to have international trading type system - he could bowl in India, and be responsible on a helpful pitch where the team expects and needs him to be aggressive.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Another six to fast bowling - good stuff but there is no need to get carried away. That release of pressure is enough.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
If this was the senior India side, they will just walk this chase from a situation like this. One of Kohli or Gambhir would still be in with Dhoni, Raina, Yuvraj all still batting or waiting to bat.

This guy Unmukt looks pretty good with the bat.