• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England 2012

Cabinet96

Hall of Fame Member
As long as he starts bad mouthing the English players before this series, he can stay as long as he likes as far as I care.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I can see our Antipodean posters/friends have started the tour with their normal level of intelligent and witty discourse....

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
anyway i really don't get why saying watson should open instead of wade is controversial or w/ever

that said, I guess wade opening today doesn't mean he'll open in the ODers, but I really wish they'd just pick the combo and stick with it.

uvelocity

International Coach
I don't care if wade or watson opens. but I cant see wade batting 3.

id rather watson at 3 than wade at 7

Spikey

i'd rather wade at 7 than smitteh at 7 tho

assuming smitteh goes back to his pre-IPL boundary form, of course

Spikey

watson
warner
clarke
MJ
Bailey or Forrest or whoever the current hope is
dussey
wade
smitteh
bowlers

simple as

Spikey

So, Spikey, you don't want Smith at 7 but want him 8 instead?
Well that was a joke

But Smith, up until the IPL where he suddenly turned into a master blaster, is almost always at his worst when you need him to smack it. (as seen in almost all his ODI and T20 innings for aus), so I'm not sure if I'd pick him in the team at all, but I certainly try to avoid him being in that 6/7 late innings slogging area.

watson
warner
bailey
clarke
forrest
dussey
wade
bowlers

is probably what I'd do.maybe switch bailey and forrest around actually. so yeah smith wouldn't be in the team at all

of course, it is just a warm up

Spikey

off-topic, but white's continued his good form in the english t20. what a weird cat