• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Indian Premier League 2012

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
So Morne dropped because Irfan is injured. Russell has already failed as a bowler today, so he needs to contribute with the bat.

Jacknife

International Captain
Can't get my head around that, why the **** would you drop Morkel , he's been one of the best bowlers in this years comp.

Nothing from Warner and Sehwag when it matters, mind you the bowlers put them in a unenviable position chasing over 220.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
This is strange from DD, load the team up with batsman and bowl first, drop the higest wicket taker in the comp, pick a guy that hasn't played a ipl game and for good measure have a bowl yourself and get taken for 21 in 6 balls.
This is why i am glad Sehwag didn't become Indian captain. Takes some ridiculous WTF risks.....

In the last elimnator too, keeping Ross Taylor back till there were 9 balls left was bizarre.

Not only did they not drop Morkel for Russel, but also dropped their second best bowler in Nadeem for Pawan Negi and Extra batting. Yes, you lost Irfan's batting but it's not like he was scoring the runs for you anyway.

I would have played with both Nadeem and Negi/Van der merwe but they brought in poor Sunny Gupta who didn't even make sense from the surprise point of view, as he plays for Tamil Nadu. :laugh: No wonder Vijay was all over from the start.

weeman27bob

International Vice-Captain
South Africa definitely look like a team to watch for the T20 world cup, what with Morkel, Steyn and Faf all having good IPL's.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I agree. Dwayne Bravo, Chris Gayle, Pollard, Narine - they're up there with the world's best in the format - Gayle and Narine especially.
Yea but you still need a whole team. They would still be liable to collapse, with bat or ball. The big question mark would be over who the other names would be and whether they'll be good enough.

Everything suggests Pakistan will be there or thereabouts. Other than it being Pakistan they should be the favourites.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The other pace bowlers are not "no-names", though I do agree Awana should have been in the squad. He is an impressive bowler. By all accounts, Shami Ahmed has a yard on Awana.
So he's consistently over 90mph then? Would be surprised that he's being kept that quiet as an Indian bowler if he generates that pace regularly.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
So he's consistently over 90mph then? Would be surprised that he's being kept that quiet as an Indian bowler if he generates that pace regularly.
Given the conditions such that Awana is around 135-142kph, Shami is rumoured to be consistently over 140kph. He's not been kept too quiet, tbh. A lot of hype about him, he's just not been able to find his way into the KKR team.

shankar

International Debutant
Shami Ahmed was in the Mumbai team this season I think. Dhawal Kulkarni looked quite good in the semifinal, although in helpful conditions. Wish he was going to WI instead of Bhuvanesh kumar.

nsniks

State Vice-Captain
Shami Ahmed was in the Mumbai team this season I think. Dhawal Kulkarni looked quite good in the semifinal, although in helpful conditions. Wish he was going to WI instead of Bhuvanesh kumar.
Nope, he is still with KKR, havent got a chance yet this season