• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Indian Premier League 2012

Stapel

International Regular
In which case 2-3 wickets ever game is mighty impressive.
If that's the case, he's earned that respect by being an outstanding bowler. Vettori has often been afforded the same when playing for NZ. And as the last guy said, taking 2-3 wickets a game is mightily impressive in that case.

Do you cheer up in summer Scaly?
Thanks for pointing out my post was really crappy :wacko: .

Steyn simply is the best bowler around these days!

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
But on that pitch the longer Kallis stays regardless of what he is doing, Kolkata wins. Only way Chennai were going to win was if they got through him early.

Still Kolkata's champion all-rounder as well.
Nah. The pitch wasn't hard to stay in on, it was hard to score big on. You would much rather be 5 down with 6 an over needed than 1 down with 9 an over needed. The two fours Gambhir got at the end of Bravo's over (15th of the innings) were massive, as was the boundary in the penultimate over with a new batsman facing. KKR were very close to losing that game, Kallis' innings was not a good one.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
How come you afford to play Clarke (last T20 for Clarke was in 2010) and Samuels (can he get bat on spin bowling?) at the same team given also Ganguly in the top order? This batting line up of Pune is doomed to failure.

Scaly piscine

There's something quite comical about Ganguly running in about 40 yards with his flopping hair to bowl it at slow medium.

GGG

State Captain
Michael Clark in for their second highest run scorer and the their highest last year. Did the team selection miss the average of 22 and SR of 108.85 part on Clarks CV?

Scaly piscine

Michael Clark in for their second highest run scorer and the their highest last year. Did the team selection miss the average of 22 and SR of 108.85 part on Clarks CV?
Hmm I suppose that makes Bopara a poor man's Clarke.

Pune's innings on this stodgy pitch could be quite fun in a perverse sort of way.

Stapel

International Regular
There's something quite comical about Ganguly running in about 40 yards with his flopping hair to bowl it at slow medium.
Running in, from my crap amateur cricket level point of view, is more about stability than about generating speed.

Maybe that's the case with a veteran part-time bowler too?

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Michael Clarke in for their second highest run scorer and the their highest last year. Did the team selection miss the average of 22 and SR of 108.85 part on Clarke's CV?
I think the more important point is Clarke's recent form - he's been utterly prolific for the past 12 months, and has stepped up his scoring rate dramatically.

He's more suited to T20 now than ever before (excluding ultra-young Clarke, I guess).

EDIT: Cameron White scoring runs? Christ the Pune bowling must be horrible. He hasn't been able to score a run in the past 8 months.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
This is pretty funny, watching these pies get absolutely hammered.

Worth noting that Clarke has genuinely exploded at times in the last year, his last 70 runs in his last ODI came off like 40-50 balls or something

Last edited:

GGG

State Captain
Experience is so over rated in this form, this Pune team is starting to remind me of Bangladesh in IPL.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
EDIT: Cameron White scoring runs? Christ the Pune bowling must be horrible. He hasn't been able to score a run in the past 8 months.

made a 50 two matches back tbf. he's back baby!

should have bowled smitteh and clarkeh tbh

GGG

State Captain
I think the more important point is Clarke's recent form - he's been utterly prolific for the past 12 months, and has stepped up his scoring rate dramatically.

He's more suited to T20 now than ever before (excluding ultra-young Clarke, I guess).

This is pretty funny, watching these pies get absolutely hammered.

Worth noting that Clarke has genuinely exploded at times in the last year, his last 70 runs in his last ODI came off like 40-50 balls or something
Fair enough, haven't be following his ODI form. Would of replaced Marlon Samuels with him though, dropped a Indian Batsman and brought in a Indian bowler.

Scaly piscine

Hmm Deccan have more than tripled their halfway score and will have doubled their score after 14 overs when they reach 182.

Spark

Global Moderator
yeah they look terrible. the bowling is terribad. batting looks pretty poor without ryder as well.