• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Indian Premier League 2012

LegendaryProtea

School Boy/Girl Captain
I'm all for Steyn's team mates being tripe. Steyn's fury is hilarious.
Never seen him being outwardly furious at his teammates for putting down catches. I'm sure inwardly he is seething but after Chipli dropped KP and after Mishra dropped Franklin, he just calmly walked back to his mark and tried again. Unless you are referring to his post-wicket celebrations but doesn't he always celebrate aggressively?

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
He has been great this IPL, except that game against Rajasthan where hodge went after him at the crunch.

LegendaryProtea

School Boy/Girl Captain
These are his figures this IPL, taking out the Rajasthan game which Cevno mentioned.

4 overs 2/25 against CSK
4 overs 3/12 against MI
4 overs 2/19 against DD
4 overs 2/24 against KKR
4 overs 2/10 against MI

Up against arguably the 4 strongest batting line-ups in the tournament (bar RCB), he has managed to pick up at least two wickets per game and go at an average of 4.5 runs per over. Taking into account that he plays for the worst team in the competition and that his team can't field to save their lives, that's quite remarkable.

Flem274*

123/5
Never seen him being outwardly furious at his teammates for putting down catches. I'm sure inwardly he is seething but after Chipli dropped KP and after Mishra dropped Franklin, he just calmly walked back to his mark and tried again. Unless you are referring to his post-wicket celebrations but doesn't he always celebrate aggressively?
Steyn has a remarkable death stare, and you can visibly see his pulse thundering when **** goes down.

He's not some outwardly ranty half crazed git, which is half the appeal of his fury.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hmm McCullum not even contributing with the gloves.

If I was Eoin Morgan I think I'd be telling them where to go.

Does Bravo ever not get caught at long-on/long-off? Seems to play the lofted drive regardless of the field. Mind I'm not sure what exactly that shot was.

Cabinet96

Hall of Fame Member
Steyn has a remarkable death stare, and you can visibly see his pulse thundering when **** goes down.

He's not some outwardly ranty half crazed git, which is half the appeal of his fury.
This.

I think CSK get their team all wrong. They have a test centurion at number 9 but no decent pacers. Bravo's done **** all all tournament FFS, get Kulu or Bolinger in IMO.

Last edited:

Stapel

International Regular
These are his figures this IPL, taking out the Rajasthan game which Cevno mentioned.

4 overs 2/25 against CSK
4 overs 3/12 against MI
4 overs 2/19 against DD
4 overs 2/24 against KKR
4 overs 2/10 against MI

Up against arguably the 4 strongest batting line-ups in the tournament (bar RCB), he has managed to pick up at least two wickets per game and go at an average of 4.5 runs per over. Taking into account that he plays for the worst team in the competition and that his team can't field to save their lives, that's quite remarkable.
I don't really like to spoil the party, since I agree with you, but Steijn's outstanding economy might partly be the result of batsmen sitting him out while waiting for the crap bowlers to deliver their freebies.

Scaly piscine

Typical Kallis IPL innings.

Piles the pressure on the next guy coming in and the guy at the other end. You really want to get *ahead* of the run rate on a pitch like this, not assume you're going to explode at the death.

Scaly piscine

Not sure about Yusuf Pathan in this situation. Could easily do a 1 off 5 caught at long on and then you're in the ****. Obviously he'll win the game easily if he comes off, but it's a bit of a risk when you're warm favourites.

Last edited:

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't really like to spoil the party, since I agree with you, but Steijn's outstanding economy might partly be the result of batsmen sitting him out while waiting for the crap bowlers to deliver their freebies.
If that's the case, he's earned that respect by being an outstanding bowler. Vettori has often been afforded the same when playing for NZ. And as the last guy said, taking 2-3 wickets a game is mightily impressive in that case.

Do you cheer up in summer Scaly?

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Typical Kallis IPL innings.

Piles the pressure on the next guy coming in and the guy at the other end. You really want to get *ahead* of the run rate on a pitch like this, not assume you're going to explode at the death.
But on that pitch the longer Kallis stays regardless of what he is doing, Kolkata wins. Only way Chennai were going to win was if they got through him early.

Still Kolkata's champion all-rounder as well.