• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Indian Premier League 2012

Jacknife

International Captain
Saw that, sure it was a slower ball. I have no doubt that he'll bowl consistently at 140kph when he finds some consistency and rhythm. He has been watched bowl alongside Aaron and has been judged by some to be quicker. He is simply coming off an injury layoff.
Yes I've never seen him before today mate.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes I've never seen him before today mate.
Me neither, but there have been a number of reports saying that he is potentially a very quick bowler but that he is still not back to full fitness...

If Delhi could just get a stronger batsmen in place of Nagar and Aaron, fit and in place of Agarkar, they'd have an international level team.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Again it surprises me teams don't at least try a long stop for the top edge pull/hook. The ball always goes there at some point (moreso with Delhi's bowling attack). If you get a bouncer right and it gets top edged it will go down there because the bat is horizontal so the direction is predictable - the variable is whether it just flicks through to the keeper, goes straight up in the air or something in between. It is the sort of fielding position that rewards a good delivery. Once you've had the one bouncer for the over you take him out.

Jacknife

International Captain
Absolute beaut of a pitch they're playing on, excellent value for every shot you play, add to the small playing area.

Dehli needed those quick couple of wickets, Nadeem doing the business.

Last edited:

Scaly piscine

Delhi proving to be pretty strong this year.
Yep. Aaron to come in shortly too, which should sure them up a bit against conceding big totals. KP will be a loss but at least they've got Warner coming back at about the same time.

They are the best team, with Mumbai carrying a few injuries and not actually being a team. It's rather up to the Chennai groundsman as to whether they win. On a proper pitch they're heavy favourites, but if it's a slow and low nonsense then it nullifies their advantage.

Scaly piscine

Really bad at picking the length is Mandeep Singh. Been stuck on the back foot to so many half volleys already.

Scaly piscine

Doesn't have a clue unless it's short or his premeditated shot happens to match up with the delivery he gets.

Scaly piscine

Fielders continuing to stuff over Awana - who looks one of the more promising Indian seamers around in the IPL. This isn't his sort of pitch mind.

The death bowling is looking a little light here.

Scaly piscine

McCullum playing again. Given his present form he's not even a better batsman than Shakib, and not in the same league as Morgan. Lets see if he can get his tournament average into double figures.