• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in the West Indies 2012

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Erm i only wanted him dropped after he become Bollingers bunny in the last Aus series!!.. 8-) , and that was more to do with him looking like he couldn't be bothered, but since then like i mentioned done well in SL and i was ok with him
Doesn't that kind of show you that you're bit over-dramatic when it comes to selection in general though? He wouldn't have even been playing in Sri Lanka if it was up to you; he'd have been replaced with whoever the last bloke under 25 who hit 50 in domestic cricket was. And when he duly failed you'd pick the next one and so on and so forth until you had the Under 8s playing. Cricket is not a game where your output always matches your ability; it's a very inconsistent game by nature and players go through troughs and peaks. You just have to stick by your best ones and back then to get through the lows, especially given the big gap that exists between Test cricket and West Indian domestic cricket.

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
Haven't seen Pattinson before. But is Pattinson rather like the early Finn? Ie perfect assets for a fast bowler who seems to get lots of wickets bowling erratically?

Or is he just bowling filth the moment i turned the test on?

Last edited:

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Bat a long time but not score domestic hundreds?
He scored four 80s in a five game run this season, and got another two 50s out of the other two games, so yes he was batting for long spells..believe me I KNOW!! :) .

His conversion rate has been poor yes, but when you add his bowling into the mix then i think his place in the team is well earned, if he manages to get a 50 out of this innings then he'll probably stay in the team for a while.

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
I know Pattinson got one given out pitching outside leg earlier in the innings. But some of his shouts have been a bit over the top.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Sometimes I open this thread to read, but no, WW is still there.

Fortunately, so is Chanders. Arguably the best in the world right now, seeing as we can't say what would happen if the other contenders had to carry this pants top order.

Good to see Deonarine back in the side and doing something. Always liked him.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
50 for Deo. Useful knock to support the great man.

Oz looking very flat here; Hilf bowling far too straight.

& Wade looks mildly shabby behind the stumps too.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haven't seen Pattinson before. But is Pattinson rather like the early Finn? Ie perfect assets for a fast bowler who seems to get lots of wickets bowling erratically?

Or is he just bowling filth the moment i turned the test on?
He's way rusty. Usually a lot better than this tbh.

Lyon (Y)