• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

You know what really grinds my cricketing gears?

Satguru

Banned
Well Burgey has seen Indian crowds be unappreciative of opposition milestones for what 10 years now and thats his gripe. Well the rest of us have seen the Aussies been **** ****s in the field since forever, imagine the gripe we must have. ****s deserve to be booed afaic.
Actually now, not only are our crowds unappreciative, but also, now our players are ****s on the field, with gambhir, munaf, kohli etc. Our players will get booed, our crowds wont appreciate the opposition players' hundreds, coz theyll ****ing see two-three every game, and opposition crowds wont appreciate our players' hundreds coz they dont ****ing score any

**** god damn

smash84

The Tiger King
Actually now, not only are our crowds unappreciative, but also, now our players are ****s on the field, with gambhir, munaf, kohli etc. Our players will get booed, our crowds wont appreciate the opposition players' hundreds, coz theyll ****ing see two-three every game, and opposition crowds wont appreciate our players' hundreds coz they dont ****ing score any

**** god damn
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

this is gold. Sigworthy tbh

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
It's an innate part of how I view sport, how I was "brought up" if you want to put it that way. I actually tend to give more leeway to cricketers because they're the ones actually under pressure, though I agree that bullying umps etc are pretty average too.

I'm not cool with over-aggressive send-offs either, actually, for reasons that aren't too dissimilar to what I've outlined above. Can understand that you're happy to have got the **** out, but don't take it too far.
You must really like Sreesanth then? OK he is a clown, how about Gambhir?

Last edited:

Satguru

Banned
Look, I don't know if this is a cultural thing or not, right? But Kohli got booed in Melbourne and Sydney, yes?

How did the crowd react to him when he made that hundred? Did they boo him?

No. Because even though he's a ****, the crowd appreciated his performance and applauded it.

Ponting giving the "out" signal was poor form. He should have walked up to the umpire and told him Ganguly(?) was out.

Half the crowd was directing that chant at Symonds. Have you seen the footage of it? Was an entire bloody stand or near enough.
Awta...

about the symonds incident, it wasnt half the crowd, but definitely a large portion... it was the stand to the right of me, and virtually everyone in that stand participated in the chants... most of them probably dumb****s who didnt quite realise the magnitude of their own stupidity

@topic
I would say the thing that makes me really, really angry, more than just mere irritation is when the losing captain is asked 'what went wrong' and he replies 'we were 10-15 runs short'.
Me and my friends usually say it out loud when captains are asked that question at the presentation

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
@topic
I would say the thing that makes me really, really angry, more than just mere irritation is when the losing captain is asked 'what went wrong' and he replies 'we were 10-15 runs short'.
Me and my friends usually say it out loud when captains are asked that question at the presentation
Tbf though, I would say this is a case of a stupid question getting a stupid answer. Anyone watching will already have been able to work out what "went wrong", and on of the off chance they haven't there will be 30 (or more) minutes of analysis dedicated to scrutinising the performance of both teams anyway.

Satguru

Banned
Tbf though, I would say this is a case of a stupid question getting a stupid answer. Anyone watching will already have been able to work out what "went wrong", and on of the off chance they haven't there will be 30 (or more) minutes of analysis dedicated to scrutinising the performance of both teams anyway.
Yeah i hate the question AND the answer...just pointless imo
hate most of the presentations anyway coz shastri conducts them

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah i hate the question AND the answer...just pointless imo
hate most of the presentations anyway coz shastri conducts them
The standard of interviewing in sports (and in most things come to think of it) is pretty crap imo.

Lots of questions like:

"So then X, things really went your way/did not go your way today didn't they?"

To which, the answer will be:

"Yes/No, it was a really pleasing performance from the boys, hopefully we can keep this run going into our next match/The boys are gutted and will have to improve before the next match"

Even worse is when a side has won by an innings and 300 runs or something, and the captain is asked "you must be very pleased with that performance?"

Wtf, he's hardly going to turn around and say "Nah mate, we were ****ing ****house" is he?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Manipulation of stats

Selecting certain periods, or deselecting teams etc is all well and good. But when people start saying, "if you take out all Pietersen's scores above 4, he actually averages 0.75"

I mean, so what?
Stand by this, FTR

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Awta...

about the symonds incident, it wasnt half the crowd, but definitely a large portion... it was the stand to the right of me, and virtually everyone in that stand participated in the chants... most of them probably dumb****s who didnt quite realise the magnitude of their own stupidity

@topic
Haha yeah it's **** isn't it? Tony Greig used to do these things here for 20 years, and you could nearly predict what he would say word for word.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)

**** god damn
What a post. :laugh:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
People that blame the IPL for every subsequent mistake that a cricketer who played in it makes. As a subset of people who blame the IPL for EVERYTHING when the only thing it's guilty of is being really cheesy and quite crap.

Spark

Global Moderator
People that blame the IPL for every subsequent mistake that a cricketer who played in it makes. As a subset of people who blame the IPL for EVERYTHING when the only thing it's guilty of is being really cheesy and quite crap.
Haha this. So ****ing lazy