• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Indian Premier League 2012

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I reckon you could do with one (more) big name player there, although I suppose that depends on how available they are.

Maybe I'm wrong here, I haven't looked at the stats, but I'd imagine most of the IPL runs/wickets from overseas players are taken by the big guns? Not to say that your team wouldn't work, or anything though.
Oh yeah. And the majority of my time selecting a team would be spent on the Indian players, as they make up the majority of teams.

I was ignoring the notorious big names, deliberately. Watson and Malinga, followed by the likes of Kallis and Pollard, are fantastically valuable but good luck getting them.

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
Watching this game with 2 mind sets, loving seeing Hogg bowl but nearly weeping at the direness of the commentators.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
"Realistically" is a tough one...

Assuming infinite availability but not infinite money. I.e. You'll never get Watson, Pollard or Malinga. No Pakistanis because they are unlikely to be involved in short term future.

• Dave Warner
  • Shaun Marsh
  • Owais Shah
  • Dinesh Chandimal
  • Albie Morkel (though not sure I'd bowl him all that much)
  • Steven Smith (more of an investment and a lot for his fielding)
  • Andrew McDonald
  • Krishmar Santokie
  • Tino Best
Surprised he didn't get picked up tbh.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Surprised he didn't get picked up tbh.
I don't think he is a great international option because he thrives on the slow wickets in West Indies and I think he'd get destroyed some days in England, New Zealand, South Africa or Australia. (Correct me if I am wrong about the wickets in West Indies being mainly slow.) But in IPL, the pitches will be largely similar. High quality slow medium is a very viable option in IPL, Trivedi and Amit Singh have shown that.

Eds

International Debutant
Always makes me laugh when interviewers start questions directed towards Dhoni with "MS, ...".

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Marlon Samuels chucking 120kph yorkers. What a dire ****.

Also Rahul Sharma is the latest in the wave of complete tools to emerge from
India, gave both Faf (who played so well) and Raina (his teammate ffs) a send off. **** needs to was that spunk in his eye off too.

Satguru

Banned
Utthapa's shots look so damn good when he gets them right...that six off morkel was smexy shame he brainfarts so often :@