• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in the West Indies 2012

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
You do always think they should be going faster than they are. But 8 off 58 in two hours does seem like surely you could have another 10-15 runs without having done anything silly.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I figure Bishoo isn't going to be doing any more bowling after tea, then.

Day 1 Evening Session: 14 overs (rain)
Day 2 Evening Session: 29.5 overs + innings break
Day 3 Evening Session: 25 overs (bad light)
Day 4 Evening Session: 33.4 overs

How many do you think we'll get? 30 overs is 4.3/over which is getting stiff...

stumpski

International Captain
Yeah but... why?
I guess that CA are just trying to establish a successor at #3, given that Punter isn't going to be in the side much longer. Tried it first with Khawajah, then Marsh. Watson got runs at the top of the order (without converting many of his 50s) so you'd think batting at first drop wouldn't be a big deal for him.

As for Cowan and the Aus scoring rate, presumably the instruction was to get to tea with wickets in hand, then have a bash afterwards. Doubt if they'll get more than another 25 overs though.

stumpski

International Captain
Watto gone, 50 and out again. Wouldn't have thought it was pressure telling though, they'd just made 44 from seven overs.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Watto perhaps trying to do a bit more than he needed to there... but then with Cowan hitting air-shots at the other end...

stumpski

International Captain
Those shadows are looking long aren't they ... another 15 overs max I reckon.

Would the umpires really take them off with Aus needing another 10 or 12 though?