• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in the West Indies 2012

stumpski

International Captain
They had one or two problems with the ball, but 11 overs in the first hour - will improve slightly when Bishoo appears, presumably.

Looks like a good shout that lbw.

ajdude

International Coach
i'm going to bed fellas, for the sake of cricket i hope that my move makes the match more interesting which it undoubtably will

stumpski

International Captain
This chase is dead unless Watson runs out Cowan.
Yeah Australia have to forget about 63 overs and think of this as a 4.5 an over chase, which means they're already 20 short. Should have 50 on the board by now. Unfortunately they lost the wrong opener. Plenty of guys down the order who can give it a whack though.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah Australia have to forget about 63 overs and think of this as a 4.5 an over chase, which means they're already 20 short. Should have 50 on the board by now. Unfortunately they lost the wrong opener. Plenty of guys down the order who can give it a whack though.
4 an over or more is just going to be very difficult on this pitch unless an individual producers a Sammy like cameo.

Watson really isn't looking like he's one of the six best batsman in the country is he AND as I type this he gets dropped!

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
4 an over or more is just going to be very difficult on this pitch unless an individual producers a Sammy like cameo.

Watson really isn't looking like he's one of the six best batsman in the country is he AND as I type this he gets dropped!
Or Aus promote Harris and Lyon.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
This is ****e from the Windies. Watson looks terrible but he can tee-off, Cowan can't, so dropping him is inconsequential.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This is ****e from the Windies. Watson looks terrible but he can tee-off, Cowan can't, so dropping him is inconsequential.
TT, you're better than that!

Unless your name is Salim or Hansie, no-one drops anyone on purpose

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Happened in an Eng U19 ODI not long ago IIRC. Eng were miles ahead on D/L and just needed to get the completed overs in and the player knew it'd take longer if there was a change of batsman etc.
At least that's what's in my head.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member

Clive Lloyd in the 1979 WC final? can't recall whether it was Brearley or Boycott that he dropped..

Last edited:

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Cowan isn't actually trying to score runs, just defensive shots to every ball. 7 off 45.

Surely Australia don't actually expect to get all the overs in?