• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Things that will happen before Sachin's 100th 100

Teja.

Global Moderator
Tarnishing his legacy by playing on? Haha.

Sachin Tendulkar

2010 - 1562 runs in 14 games @ 78.10
2011 - 756 runs in 9 games @ 47.25
2012 - 182 runs @ 3 games @ 30.33

Considering how terribad India's batting has been, Tendulkar's the least of our problems, looking at it objectively.

Then, we look at all the allegations against Tendulkar's character. Seriously what has Tendulkar ever done to deserve this? Did we have people calling Dravid out for being selfish and tarnishing his legacy while he had his rather prolonged slump before the series of England? Why not, and why against Tendulkar?

Why not against Laxman when he had his numerous slumps? Sometimes, Laxman should really go/retire in the next series but never Laxman, what a massive selfish ****, should stop tarnishing his personal legacy and leave and stop polluting the Indian dressing room by being an elephant in the room. I believe they're similarly aged gentlemen too, in fact older, I think.

Have we reached the stage where we can perceive personal motivations for staying on by staring at faces on the TV screen or more significantly, why should personal motivations for staying on matter at all as long as you're among the best six?

Also, I thing I'll never understand is how a great bat is selfish if he decides to stay on and bat even if he is not at his best anymore. A batsman's job to his cricketing team to is to bat as long as he can bat to the requisite competent level in the side not bat till when Imran Khan and Ian Chappell (What a stunningly dense columnist, must I add? Oh wait, If I have a negative opinion of him, It'll obviously be assumed to stem from mirror-Tendulkar-2003 gate since I'm Indian so I'd much rather not dare to!) feel that he has exhausted his legend meter.

You bat for contributing and accumulating for your team's scorecard game after game, not to earn praises from the best bowlers of your time nor to get into Ian Chappell's most sensational XI evar!

Last edited:

Teja.

Global Moderator
Was a direct response to the CB-line of argument ftr, realize the thread has got back to it's humorous purpose, my bad.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Tarnishing his legacy by playing on? Haha.

Sachin Tendulkar

2010 - 1562 runs in 14 games @ 78.10
2011 - 756 runs in 9 games @ 47.25
2012 - 182 runs @ 3 games @ 30.33

Considering how terribad India's batting has been, Tendulkar's the least of our problems, looking at it objectively.

Then, we look at all the allegations against Tendulkar's character. Seriously what has Tendulkar ever done to deserve this? Did we have people calling Dravid out for being selfish and tarnishing his legacy while he had his rather prolonged slump before the series of England? Why not, and why against Tendulkar?

Why not against Laxman when he had his numerous slumps? Sometimes, Laxman should really go/retire in the next series but never Laxman, what a massive selfish ****, should stop tarnishing his personal legacy and leave and stop polluting the Indian dressing room by being an elephant in the room. I believe they're similarly aged gentlemen too, in fact older, I think.

Have we reached the stage where we can perceive personal motivations for staying on by staring at faces on the TV screen or more significantly, why should personal motivations for staying on matter at all as long as you're among the best six?

Also, I thing I'll never understand is how a great bat is selfish if he decides to stay on and bat even if he is not at his best anymore. A batsman's job to his cricketing team to is to bat as long as he can bat to the requisite competent level in the side not bat till when Imran Khan and Ian Chappell (What a stunningly dense columnist, must I add? Oh wait, If I have a negative opinion of him, It'll obviously be assumed to stem from mirror-Tendulkar-2003 gate since I'm Indian so I'd much rather not dare to!) feel that he has exhausted his legend meter.

You bat for contributing and accumulating for your team's scorecard game after game, not to earn praises from the best bowlers of your time nor to get into Ian Chappell's most sensational XI evar!
The line between criticizing the LOTS of "Sachin can't do anything wrong and he is God" fans and criticizing the man himself often gets muddled...

Howe_zat

Audio File
Well they've given him the job of trying to appeal to Americans, and if they've ever heard of a cricketer they'll have heard of Tendulkar, so it's a fair place to start.