• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official Comm Bank Series - Aus, Ind & SL ODI's***

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yep, it doesn't make sense that you are allowed to protect yourself with your hand (under the handling rule), but not with your bat (under the obstruction rule). I always assumed that the handling rule only applied immediately post delivery (when the batsman would normally always be expected to be in his ground) and wasn't applicable to run out situations etc (when obstruction would apply).
Yeah, this is what I'd always thought in practical terms. Handling the Ball for the Gooch-style one handed swat at the ball to hit it away from the stumps and Obstructing the Field for any situation after the ball is in play.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Well played Wade. Considering he has played the last six matches as an opener, this is an impressive knock to score at 90 against the spinners.

Spark

Global Moderator
Well played Wade. Considering he has played the last six matches as an opener, this is an impressive knock to score at 90 against the spinners.
I'm not that surprised he's done well tbh. I don't think he likes the ball that seams away from him, as Kulasekara and others have done, has looked far more composed this innings.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
So I guess Irfan isn't gonna bowl in the remaining overs then? Surely you'd have him bowling in the powerplay overs if he is able to bowl?