• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official Comm Bank Series - Aus, Ind & SL ODI's***

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Law 37 talks about whether the obstruction is wilful or not, whether he would has been out run out is pure irrelevance. He blatantly moved his arm with the intention of obstructing the ball, hence wilful, hence out.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
You know what, this whole "spirit of the game" thing is just irking me now, that's 3 incidents in less than a year now involving the Indian team and quite frankly I'm jumping ship and saying **** the spirit of the game. Why should we care when other teams hardly bother? Still remember Randiv's deliberate no-ball to deny Viru the century. If other teams are willing to pull **** like that then we shouldn't be afraid either.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Blatant cheating, and obvious home umpiring bias

Expecting a Robelinda vid tommorow

Also, Dhoni is clearly aiming to enter a challenge for slowest overrate in the history of the game

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You know what, this whole "spirit of the game" thing is just irking me now, that's 3 incidents in less than a year now involving the Indian team and quite frankly I'm jumping ship and saying **** the spirit of the game. Why should we care when other teams hardly bother? Still remember Randiv's deliberate no-ball to deny Viru the century. If other teams are willing to pull **** like that then we shouldn't be afraid either.
Terrible post.

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
Would have given it out myself too Spark but at the same time its piss funny to see Dhoni lose it.

Loss of concentration from Hussey rather than anything more sinister I'd wager, you don't want to be hit by the ball when its going at you at speed so... I still reckon he's shielding himself but by the letter of the law he should have been gone.

Still if its intent to change the path of the ball to avoid been run out rather than avoiding getting hit then would it still be out? A lot of this comes down to the umpires discretion anyway in the match situation.

Spark

Global Moderator
Would have given it out myself too Spark but at the same time its piss funny to see Dhoni lose it.

Loss of concentration from Hussey rather than anything more sinister I'd wager, you don't want to be hit by the ball when its going at you at speed so... I still reckon he's shielding himself but by the letter of the law he should have been gone.

Still if its intent to change the path of the ball to avoid been run out rather than avoiding getting hit then would it still be out? A lot of this comes down to the umpires discretion anyway in the match situation.
Most wickets are to do with a loss of concentration.

Doctor

School Boy/Girl Captain
imagine this:

a batsman is batting without a helmet, and is running across the pitch, trying to make his ground. an incredibly shoddy throw from the fielder has the batsman's head in the firing line. out of sheer reflex, the batsman hits the ball out of the way of his face.

that would be out, right?

DingDong

State Captain

dont blame dhoni for losing it that was some of the most biased umpiring i have seen in decades there needs to be an inquiry about it tbh

Spikey

bhogleharsha
very tough call for the 3rd umpire. had to judge if obstruction was wilful or to avoid the ball. put hand up far too early for my liking

I def agree with this

Spikey

imagine this:

a batsman is batting without a helmet, and is running across the pitch, trying to make his ground. an incredibly shoddy throw from the fielder has the batsman's head in the firing line. out of sheer reflex, the batsman hits the ball out of the way of his face.

that would be out, right?
jesus christ