• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official New Zealand Domestic Cricket 2011/2012 ***

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Tastle with 4/43 and Wellington drifting towards another big loss.
Ha! How a FC match can turn...Tastle gets one of the more comprehensive first-ball ducks I've ever seen. Mark Gillespie hopefully getting back to where he was in '07/08, when he took 32 State Chcp wickets @ 20.
http://nzcpooch.blob.core.windows.net/a66e2fdf-2bc7-4802-b995-e55f42491d33/3_038_02.mp4

Is Wgtn ever going to get consistent run production out of Papps like Ctby did though? Almost like he's realised even 10,000 FC runs won't ultimately lead to anything ("wharf work pays quite well" - Sinclair).
http://nzcpooch.blob.core.windows.net/a66e2fdf-2bc7-4802-b995-e55f42491d33/4_005_06.mp4

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Kippax, I really hope you stick around.

Reckon Seconi is being a bit disingenuous in regards to Munro. Wouldn't say he was near the Ingram class of concrete shoes and whilst his technique isn't one of absolute purity, he's hardly a hack.

Nishan

U19 Cricketer
Sorry to hear of the death of Peter Sharp. For foreign folk he was a regular on radio commentary here, based out of Christchurch. He was easily my favourite local commentator with a good voice for radio. Importantly, he had a cricket background and you felt he actually did some research on players he might not know too well so he could actually inform the listeners.
RIP:( one of the best.. enjoyed listening to him over summer days

vandem

International 12th Man
What are you doing ND?
Just teasing. Boult and Arnel and Grub to rip through Canty. 60 run first innings lead to ND. Hamish Marshall and Flynn to get 80s and set a target of 350+.

Hold the press - it's happening as I type - 4 wickets in last 4 overs ...

Mike5181

International Captain
Just teasing. Boult and Arnel and Grub to rip through Canty. 60 run first innings lead to ND. Hamish Marshall and Flynn to get 80s and set a target of 350+.

Hold the press - it's happening as I type - 4 wickets in last 4 overs ...
They have a pretty useful batting line up with Flynn, Vettori, Watling and the Marshall brothers. Flynn should've been in the mix for the test team not too long ago but he hasn't made much of an impact here which is a shame.

The bowling attack has been gun for a while now.

Days of Grace

International Captain
Haha, ND such a gun attack. Don't especially want Arnel taking too many more 5-fers, since it may tempt the national selectors into choosing him again. Just not an international-class bowler.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Haha, ND such a gun attack. Don't especially want Arnel taking too many more 5-fers, since it may tempt the national selectors into choosing him again. Just not an international-class bowler.
I like him adding to the quality of FC cricket but I have seen enough of him at blackcap level.

You would think he would be a superstar in the List A stuff but I think he is only average there (if I recall correctly).

Howsie

International Captain
They have a pretty useful batting line up with Flynn, Vettori, Watling and the Marshall brothers. Flynn should've been in the mix for the test team not too long ago but he hasn't made much of an impact here which is a shame.

The bowling attack has been gun for a while now.
Yeah bloody Daniel Flynn, should've scored at least two 100's in the three innings he's had this season. Forget that he's coming back from a serious hip injury and hasn't scored any runs at any level this summer, the guy is totally blowing his chance here....

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
On Flynn, I'm pretty irritated that he's batting six while Yovich (or Arnel, lol) open the batting. He's not going to overtake Williamson/Taylor/Brownlie/Vettori/Ryder any time soon; his way into the Test side is as an opener as far as I see it. He had some success opening for ND a couple of seasons back too so it's disappointing to not see him there, especially with ND using makeshift openers anyway.

Flem274*

123/5
I don't mind Arnel getting 5fers at all. If more "popular" bowlers don't take as many wickets as him, or batsmen continue to get out to his bowling, it isn't Brent Arnel's problem.

The ball is in everyone else's court to show they are better options than Arnel.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Arnel is good though. I think he can crack it at Test level, and have an O'Brien-esque comeback and hopefully go onto do better. If you just look at his stats they're not flash, but if you remember some of the Tests he bowled in, he was not the worst in most of them.
That's not a good way to measure a bowler (it's mediocre tbh) but he outperformed Martin and Southee yet they didn't receive as much flack as he did.

BackFootPunch

International 12th Man
Really hoping Cumming can push on here and get some support from someone. Seems pretty incredible an Otago batting line up with so much experience has managed only 2 batting points this season (think they came in the first game too).

Also wouldn't mind seeing Nelson grab the Hawke Cup, that team Hamilton produced for their last defence was just ridiculous.

Arnel probably is good enough for Test cricket but if we have our best bowlers fit then the role he'd play should be covered by someone else. Although once Martin retires it'll be interesting to see if one of the younger guys can step up and replicate his consistency.