• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official Comm Bank Series - Aus, Ind & SL ODI's***

Dissector

International Debutant
Ponting will be captain in the next game?:wacko:

If Warner isn't ready to captain the side why make him vice-captain?

Jayzamann

International Regular
But the point of having a vice captain is that he can step in if the captain isn't available. If you can't do that, you shouldn't be vice captain.
I don't know who in the team would be capable of doing that besides Ponting, or Watson when fit. It's a bit counterproductive to have Ponting as VC with this whole Clarke led NWO, at least in an official sense.

Clarkes injury was unforeseen, this is just a contingency.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jon Holland called into the squad to cover Doherty. Not really a shock he's the one picked given CA have always loved him and he's actually played a couple of decent matches now.

Spark

Global Moderator
fmd, is this going to be like that winter/summer a few years back where we ended up playing what amounted to a third XI + ponting + hussey?

Spark

Global Moderator
nah that series in india just after the ashes/champions trophy where we had a ridiculous number of injuries

Spikey

and holland got called over............we've come full circle!

'Ritz upon hearing the news:

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
lyon, beer, krejza and maybe even smith and sok had the same reaction.

luke doran was robbed ftr

Last edited:

Spikey

"Doherty suffered back spasms at training on Friday"

Back problems just come with the job of seam bowling

GED IT. High 5 anyone?

ajdude

International Coach
"Doherty suffered back spasms at training on Friday"

Back problems just come with the job of seam bowling

GED IT. High 5 anyone?
i would high 5 you if you were right next to me, as it stands i cbf travelling to nsw

Last edited: