• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official Comm Bank Series - Aus, Ind & SL ODI's***

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Oh, so moderators should be so aggressive towards posters?
Have you seen me post before? :p

Being aggressive isn't against the rules. If someone makes a crap post you can call them out on it whether you're a mod or not, as long as you don't get too personal or start trolling and/or flaming.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Have you seen me post before? :p

Being aggressive isn't against the rules. If someone makes a crap post you can call them out on it whether you're a mod or not, as long as you don't get too personal or start trolling and/or flaming.
Should be allowed to do those last couple of things too imo.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
More or less balls in an over has happened before obviously and no additional balls were added or removed previously so it's fair enough and I don't have a problem with it, especially as the batsmen didn't catch it either.

However, in the future maybe a rule change in in limited overs where they can give the umpire the authority to make the bowler come back and finish a short over, or tell the captain that someone has to bowl a short over to make up for a long over, if the umpire makes that mistake. Less important in Tests but wouldn't mind it there either.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Reading the thread, it looks like that didn't happen in this case (didn't watch the game) but maybe that rule change is warranted nonetheless.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
What a last few games for ODI cricket !!! Couldn't get to watch the Indian innings and went to sleep thinking India was favourite to win it. Was a bit disappointed when I woke up to a tie.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Sometimes I think Dhoni's sole purpose in life is to do absolutely everything he can in order for me to hate cricket. He just constantly tests my love for the game. Couldn't be happier that he's effectively just lost - as captain - 8-0 to the two teams I support; I just have to keep reminding myself of that to get through the day.

Straight Drive

School Boy/Girl Captain
Well he doesn't really blame DRS for it, he is pointing out the deficiencies in technology, with all the technology they have, they still couldn't get the number of balls right, what a C***up. Same thing happened in Aus V Srilanka match, and not to mention the F****up in the first match.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Well he doesn't really blame DRS for it, he is pointing out the deficiencies in technology, with all the technology they have, they still couldn't get the number of balls right
Ummmm, it's the humans that are counting the balls. If anything this points out the fallibility of human officiating. We need ball counting robots too!!!

Anyhoo, Dohni! :laugh:

howardj

International Coach
Rotation Policy Offends Players

I agree with this piece.

Moreover, I am yet to see the evidence that less bowling means less chance of getting injured.

This was a theory that the Argus Report questioned, and yet it is still be blindly adopted.

As Harris says for instance, for him, the risk is when he comes back from a break.

Straight Drive

School Boy/Girl Captain
Ummmm, it's the humans that are counting the balls. If anything this points out the fallibility of human officiating. We need ball counting robots too!!!

Anyhoo, Dohni! :laugh:
But surely the Third, fourth umpires can point that out and make themselves useful. Put the walkie talkie to good use. Such basic mistakes shouldn't be allowed.