• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan and England in UAE

Who do you think will win?!

• Total voters

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
Oh Finny Finny!

With him and Broad I think our pacemen for SC is altogether more formidable than it was in the WC.

Honestly want him in for the test series though. 4 man at Headingley.

2 in 2!

Howe_zat

Audio File
Shark Finn ;)

~~~~

Pakistan fans should just accept they are permanantly cursed with Farhat, and just hope he starts scoring runs in ODIs. Otherwise, he'll be dropped in six months, and six months after that he'll be back in the Test squad. I don't think we can really keep pretending his selections are based on performance.

CWB304

U19 Cricketer
England should try opening the batting with Broad (alongside Cook) in ODIs. He has a pretty solid defensive technique against the swinging and seaming ball and hits cleanly and well in his preferred scoring areas when the field is up. I could see the team regularly getting good starts with him scoring rapid forties consistently and sometimes going on.

He's not really suited for the hectic bish bosh of the closing overs - Swann is much better at that. If it were to work out it could make England much more potent in this format as it would help to improve the side's balance by helping to team to maintain a decent scoring tempo in the set up stages of the innings.

Cook played a top knock today and he has massively improved in this form of the game but when he and Trott bat together they sometimes eat up too many balls at the top of the order for the team to post a competitive total.

Also two young guns should surely now be drafted in to replace KP - whose decline is now seemingly irreversible - and Bopara, who despite his chancy fifty today has demonstrated once again that he's just not good enough.

ganeshran

International Debutant
Great inswingers by Finn

Edit: Good shot next ball by YK

Edit2: Got him now... Finn wins this contest

Last edited:

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
England should try opening the batting with Broad (alongside Cook) in ODIs. He has a pretty solid defensive technique against the swinging and seaming ball and hits cleanly and well in his preferred scoring areas when the field is up. I could see the team regularly getting good starts with him scoring rapid forties consistently and sometimes going on.

He's not really suited for the hectic bish bosh of the closing overs - Swann is much better at that. If it were to work out it could make England much more potent in this format as it would help to improve the side's balance by helping to team to maintain a decent scoring tempo in the set up stages of the innings.

Cook played a top knock today and he has massively improved in this form of the game but when he and Trott bat together they sometimes eat up too many balls at the top of the order for the team to post a competitive total.
Fair shout, might be worth getting him to play in that slot a few times for Notts, failing that we draft Hales in and give him a few games and see how it goes.

As for the Cook Trott thing the man averages near enough 50 and given the next WC is in Aus I actually think his style will be pretty conducive to the pitches there in the way it really wasn't in the SC.

As for Pietersen well his ODI form has been terminal for a while and TBH I felt he should have retired from ODIs after the WC.

And Finn, Anderson, Broad, Bresnan Headingley vs South Africa just saying.