• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan and England in UAE

Who do you think will win?!

• Total voters

Furball

Evil Scotsman
How far is Cook from being our best ODI batsman?

I don't know how much the fact that this is now a valid question says about the way he's developed his limited-overs game, and how much it says about the rest of our lineup...
I'd say he's almost there.

When Cook gets a score of substance, it is nearly always at an excellent strike rate.This despite the fact that he's not a 'big hitter'.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
How far is Cook from being our best ODI batsman?

I don't know how much the fact that this is now a valid question says about the way he's developed his limited-overs game, and how much it says about the rest of our lineup...
Has a bloody awesome record since becoming captain doesn't he IIRC?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Has a bloody awesome record since becoming captain doesn't he IIRC?
Cook as captain (including this innings)

19 matches, 826 runs @ 51.62, SR 91.67 1 100, 8 50s

When Cook gets a score of substance, it is nearly always at an excellent strike rate.This despite the fact that he's not a 'big hitter'.

Cook as captain when he scores 40+ (not including this innings)

64 (68)
60 (61)
48 (52)
119 (143)
95* (75)
80* (63)
50 (54)
60 (63)
60 (61)

SR: 99.37

Last edited: