• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official Comm Bank Series - Aus, Ind & SL ODI's***

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Dhoni clearly likes to take his time before opening up. Which is why I dont get why he doesn't bat at 5

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think back pad on the across the line heave makes it look worse on an lbw shout.

Australia really got the fumbles in the infield tonight. Been sloppy this evening all round. They were saying on ABC earlier that Ponting may have aggravated his finger injury, but he's still out there afaik.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
This has been pathetic fielding form Australia.

If we don't win with this being put in front of us it'll be an indictment on the batting.

Spark

Global Moderator
This has been pathetic fielding form Australia.

If we don't win with this being put in front of us it'll be an indictment on the batting.
Yeah if you don't win here, with two (possibly three) of our frontline bowlers having an off day, poo fielding standards and not a great batting performance then you've really, really ****ed up.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The weirdest thing about how awesomely effective McKay has been in ODIs so far isn't even so much his limited armoury, but the fact that he really hasn't bowled very well very often, IMO. I mean we can all see that he doesn't actually have much to his bowling, but it's not like he's compensated for that by being supremely accurate, building pressure and thinking batsmen out; he's compensated for that by consistently being a jammy ****. Maybe I just don't give enough credit to how hard his slower balls are to pick or something because it's hard to argue with the results, but it's odd.
Nah you're right. He bowls nothing balls but gets wickets. Probably just cashing in on the opposition trying to target him.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
And my point was that it's not a matter of if but when in regards to Dhoni wafting outside off and getting an edge. Whether or not it gets him out is irrelevant; you were the one who brought it up. :p
I thought you meant it was not a matter of "if" he gets out but "when", which I thought was harsh.

Anyway he doesn't edge anywhere near as much. Faces a softer older ball on flatter tracks in ODIs.

He also bats less ******** cos the field is spread when he comes in.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Oh yeah his figures flatter him but he's been the pick of the bowlers by far.
Not really saying much; Starc and Harris have been poo today.

Even putting his wickets aside, I don't think he's bowled anywhere near accurately enough today to have 7 overs for 21 at Adelaide. But he does. And he does it time and time again. It's just weird.

Spark

Global Moderator
Ian Healy with the stunning insight "If India lose this, they'll be unhappy. If Australia win this, they'll be glad"

STOP

****ING

MISFIELDING

Ruckus

International Captain
The weirdest thing about how awesomely effective McKay has been in ODIs so far isn't even so much his limited armoury, but the fact that he really hasn't bowled very well very often, IMO. I mean we can all see that he doesn't actually have much to his bowling, but it's not like he's compensated for that by being supremely accurate, building pressure and thinking batsmen out; he's compensated for that by consistently being a jammy ****. Maybe I just don't give enough credit to how hard his slower balls are to pick or something because it's hard to argue with the results, but it's odd.
I don't really agree with it, but if that's true then it's usually a sign that in due course the bad results will catch up with him. I think he has bowled very well most of the times he has played ODs so far (granted, not 'average of 20' well)...but nevertheleess I think your being a bit harsh.