• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official Comm Bank Series - Aus, Ind & SL ODI's***

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Dhoni leaving these balls outside off will look stupid if he then wafts outside off and gets an edge.

Spark

Global Moderator
Dhoni leaving these balls outside off will look stupid if he then wafts outside off and gets an edge.
Almost.

Having said all this, it's pretty common to see 2 off 15 turn into 50 off 40 where Dhoni is concerned.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Interesting to see just how much Christian/McKay have outbowled the new ball bowlers.
The weirdest thing about how awesomely effective McKay has been in ODIs so far isn't even so much his limited armoury, but the fact that he really hasn't bowled very well very often, IMO. I mean we can all see that he doesn't actually have much to his bowling, but it's not like he's compensated for that by being supremely accurate, building pressure and thinking batsmen out; he's compensated for that by consistently being a jammy ****. Maybe I just don't give enough credit to how hard his slower balls are to pick or something because it's hard to argue with the results, but it's odd.

Spark

Global Moderator
The weirdest thing about how awesomely effective McKay has been in ODIs so far isn't even so much his limited armoury, but the fact that he really hasn't bowled very well very often, IMO. I mean we can all see that he doesn't actually have much to his bowling, but it's not like he's compensated for that by being supremely accurate, building pressure and thinking batsmen out; he's compensated for that by consistently being a jammy ****. Maybe I just don't give enough credit to how hard his slower balls are to pick or something because it's hard to argue with the results, but it's odd.
Bowled well today tbf. Not bowled anywhere near as many pies as the others.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
That's my point though. His test weaknesses are irrelevant here.
And my point was that it's not a matter of if but when in regards to Dhoni wafting outside off and getting an edge. Whether or not it gets him out is irrelevant; you were the one who brought it up. :p