• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official Comm Bank Series - Aus, Ind & SL ODI's***

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Probably much less likely than on that night, one because Clarke knows Malinga's hitting zones (dead straight), no Johnson + Siddle and the run rate was never an issue in that match
yeah when they needed 52 to win they had like 100 balls left

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Disappointing to see Sri Lanka falling off the pace...looked like the match was going down to the wire about an hour ago. Just one boundary hit since the 29th over.

ganeshran

International Debutant
Probably much less likely than on that night, one because Clarke knows Malinga's hitting zones (dead straight), no Johnson + Siddle and the run rate was never an issue in that match
You were right :) Lankans have squandered away two great positions in two matches

Spark

Global Moderator
I mean one factor in that match was the fact that Doherty had run out of overs, and we had to rely on Johnson and Siddle in the PP, who contrived to produce some of the dumbest bowling ever seen in an international match

Spark

Global Moderator
You were right :) Lankans have squandered away two great positions in two matches
This match was going very similarly to the last one actually (even a similar score), but SL just sort of went to sleep and let Ashwin/Jadeja pick up far too many easy runs behind the wicket without really trying to get them out. Not so here

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Would Wade be able to give his glove to the umpire rather than leaving where they put helmets etc.?
I'm pretty sure he couldn't do that. I think the way the law treats equipment on the ground is the same as if the glove came off and fell on the ball.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I mean one factor in that match was the fact that Doherty had run out of overs, and we had to rely on Johnson and Siddle in the PP, who contrived to produce some of the dumbest bowling ever seen in an international match
Doherty had a few overs at them early on in the stand iirc. But yeah bowling Siddle and MJ - and clarke didn't have to bowl them when he did - was the killer blow

Spark

Global Moderator
Doherty had a few overs at them early on in the stand iirc. But yeah bowling Siddle and MJ - and clarke didn't have to bowl them when he did - was the killer blow
yeah clarke made a big mistake during the pp. but after doherty finished (last over got smacked as well iirc) the horse had bolted

ganeshran

International Debutant
This match was going very similarly to the last one actually (even a similar score), but SL just sort of went to sleep and let Ashwin/Jadeja pick up far too many easy runs behind the wicket without really trying to get them out. Not so here
Jadeja would have cracked under the pressure had there been a higher run rate required. Ashwin is a sensible and cautious bat for a tailender but he wouldnt have been able to accelerate.

The Indian top order scored some quick runs in that match while Lankans got bogged down against Doherty.

Riggins

International Captain
I'm pretty sure he couldn't do that. I think the way the law treats equipment on the ground is the same as if the glove came off and fell on the ball.
Yea but I think helmets are sort of different, like I don't think you can be out if the ball ricochets of the short legs helmet?? Thought maybe the wk glove might be like the bowlers hat.

Spark

Global Moderator
Jadeja would have cracked under the pressure had there been a higher run rate required. Ashwin is a sensible and cautious bat for a tailender but he wouldnt have been able to accelerate.

The Indian top order scored some quick runs in that match while Lankans got bogged down against Doherty.
Well they needed 60 at the top of the ten IIRC - without many wickets in hand, but you'd usually say that a run a ball for the last ten is fairly comfortable. But then Doherty/Harris gave away almost no runs for the next four overs or so.