• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official New Zealand Domestic Cricket 2011/2012 ***

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Really good to see. He seemed to be an exciting prospect a few years back, but has had a bit of a lean run and fallen off the radar a little. It'd be awesome if he had a big resurgence.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Was the Auckland vs Otago match not broadcast on TV today? A little unusual that there didn't seem to be any television coverage. Nice to see Anaru Kitchen performing so well - although from seeing his part-time spin in the past I wonder if his bowling figures were mainly due to incompetent Otago batting. Pretty impressive from Neal Parlane too, given he hasn't played a one day match for Auckland all season. Also worth mentioning Jimmy Neesham's final stats for the tournament, averaging almost 50 with the bat and 23 with the ball. Black Cap in the making? ;)

Mike5181

International Captain
Yeah, it wasn't on sky tv or anything which was a shame. They had the Auckland vs Central Districts game on other day. That was cool watching guys like Small, Milne etc.

Flem274*

123/5
CD and Auckland always seem to play each other in limited overs finals.

We'll smoke them again naturally. Won't be able to go to the game or even follow it though.:(

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Was the Auckland vs Otago match not broadcast on TV today? A little unusual that there didn't seem to be any television coverage. Nice to see Anaru Kitchen performing so well - although from seeing his part-time spin in the past I wonder if his bowling figures were mainly due to incompetent Otago batting. Pretty impressive from Neal Parlane too, given he hasn't played a one day match for Auckland all season. Also worth mentioning Jimmy Neesham's final stats for the tournament, averaging almost 50 with the bat and 23 with the ball. Black Cap in the making? ;)
I imagine it wasn't televised on SKY as it wasn't worth the resources for a midweek game that wouldn't have rated much at all on a work day.

I was at the game and it was one hell of a partnership between Kitchen and Parlane. Paced it perfectly. I will say though, it was pretty horrendous bowling from all concerned. If Wagner thinks he's going to be an ODI bowler, he'll want to have a hell of a lot more control over his length and particularly line. And I couldn't get over the inability (or is it lack of desire?) to hit yorkers at key times. It seems to be a lost or ignored art, and I cannot for the life of me understand. Most of the sixes that Kitchen/Parlane hit were perfectly pitched length balls that could be hit anywhere.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
I imagine it wasn't televised on SKY as it wasn't worth the resources for a midweek game that wouldn't have rated much at all on a work day.

I was at the game and it was one hell of a partnership between Kitchen and Parlane. Paced it perfectly. I will say though, it was pretty horrendous bowling from all concerned. If Wagner thinks he's going to be an ODI bowler, he'll want to have a hell of a lot more control over his length and particularly line. And I couldn't get over the inability (or is it lack of desire?) to hit yorkers at key times. It seems to be a lost or ignored art, and I cannot for the life of me understand. Most of the sixes that Kitchen/Parlane hit were perfectly pitched length balls that could be hit anywhere.
Yeh I gathered the midweek fixture, plus not knowing where it'd be played until the first two semi-finals had been completed would've contributed to the lack of coverage. At least the final's in the Sky guide on Sunday for you all to watch Auckland grab another one day trophy. ;)

Mike5181

International Captain
At least the rest of the Plunket Shield will be covered via an internet live stream. That's pretty cool.

Mike5181

International Captain
I'm trying out the video highlights thing at the moment. You can replay any wicket, four, six etc which is pretty awesome. Watching Matt Henry's wickets.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
On the front page, change the little tab from Matches to Results, under Scores & Schedules.

Yep, it seems if we're going to start sharing links, it's only going to work once the other guy's already in and watching highlights. The webmasters could definitely work on that.

Last edited: