• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan and England in UAE

Who do you think will win?!

• Total voters

Woodster

International Captain
I think that was just the result of a man that has endured a wretched tour (with a couple of unfortunate dismissals it must be said) and has no idea where his runs are going to come from. The battering he has taken from Ajmal has left his confidence pretty shattered, a dismissal such as this comes as no surprise. It was a truly awful shot though after all said and done.
The gigantic freight train of excuses would appear to be gaining momentum......
Not too sure how you read that and suggest what I posted are excuses for Bell's poor performance on this tour. He has endured a wretched tour, has been battered into submission from Ajmal and his confidence is shattered aswell as it being a truly awful shot, no excuses there mate unless you're suggesting his couple of unfortunate dismissals which were just that.

Woodster

International Captain
I'd imagine because world-class batsman find a way of making runs even when their confidence is down.
Ha ha, Ok I was making excuses saying how poor he has been because no batsmen has ever endured a poor series! Even when the very best have been out of form they have always scored runs.

Spark

Global Moderator
I'm pretty sure every top batsman has had a shocker of a series every now and then. Few have had one this bad, gratned (but some have!)

Xuhaib

International Coach
Ponting in India 01 also Inzi WC 03 are the ones I remember the most other then that not many class players have endured such a series like Bell.

Z-Man

U19 Vice-Captain
I fear that Butler guy.

I saw his whirlwind innings in one of the Friends life t20. Lad seems to be the next warner in the making.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Anyone looking forward to the Af-Pak match? I certainly am. Good luck to the Afghans.
It'll be interesting to follow definitely. I'm glad Pakistan are giving them a game, it's important for countries around Afghanistan to give them support in that sense. I could see Afghanistan blasting away for a few overs somewhere before collapsing a heap. They're that sort of side anyway without Pakistan contributing to the randomness.