• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan and England in UAE

Who do you think will win?!

• Total voters

CWB304

U19 Cricketer
Aggressive young fellow ain't you? May want to get that checked, it can lead to a malignant narcissism of sorts....

I'd suggest a rage has festered inside you for quite some time, as England have won series after series. As soon as a top 6 which has scored runs for fun against Australia, Sri Lanka, India and even this Pakistan attack (in England), has a horror collective series, they are suddenly all failures and simply stating that if one of them had performed to a good standard we could have won the series is beyond absurd?

And I'd suggest Bell's career average of 49 before this series, 5000+ Test runs, average of 120 last year and tons against every Test nation he's played against suggests he's pretty close to world class. But then, 1 bad series means you are terrible! :laugh:

Wollllyyyyy!
I support England; why on earth should I be upset at their winning? I want them to win, and to keep winning and winning and winning. And I don't feel they will do that if they continue to retain players like Bell and Pietersen when there are young batsmen out there who could potentially do a better job.

Bell is not world class; world class batsmen make tough runs, make runs under difficult or unfamiliar conditions, find a way to make runs when a bowling attack is giving them trouble, make runs when their teams most need them. By those parameters Bell as a Test batsman is not only not world class, but he is also not worthy of a place in a team such as England which aspires to prove it is the best by getting good results both at home and away.

As for your pseudo-psychiatric advice - keep it to yourself. You might need it over the coming months, as the batting under-performers you defend so energetically look set to prove on yet another land mass that, as Vaughan and Boycott now reluctantly admit, "they're not as good as they thought they were".

Last edited:

Jacknife

International Captain
I support England; why on earth should I be upset at their winning? I want them to win, and to keep winning and winning and winning. And I don't feel they will do that if they continue to retain players like Bell and Pietersen when there are young batsmen out there who could potentially do a better job.

Bell is not world class; world class batsmen make tough runs, make runs under difficult or unfamiliar conditions, find a way to make runs when a bowling attack is giving them trouble, make runs when their teams most need them. By those parameters Bell as a Test batsman is not only not world class, but he is also not worthy of a place in a team such as England which aspires to prove it is the best by getting good results both at home and away.

As for your pseudo-psychiatric advice - keep it to yourself. You might need it over the coming months, as the batting under-performers you defend so energetically look set to prove on yet another land mass that, as Vaughan and Boycott now reluctantly admit, "they're not as good as they thought they were".
Change the tune for christ sake, it's the same tune you've banged out from the moment you joined this site. Basically listening to you is the same as reading the tabloids in England, the same hyperbole filled rants, that have not much place in reality.
For example, you go on about wanting excellence and getting rid of the likes of KP and Bell but yet don't seem to have very little idea of the County game or the players in waiting, that are better equipped than said players. You mentioned Hildreth because you seemed to have seen his name banded about, do you think a guy that struggles with spin in the county game, who averaged about 38 last year, would do a better job than said players. The facts are the players in this team, maybe with the exception of Taylor , are the best there is to choose from and that's what you have to deal with.

Last edited:

Bouncer

State Regular
Yeah, I mentioned that:

It's the most obvious thing he needs to work on. His front arm is really low; he's almost doing a Paul Harris. It's not helping him at all.
My Bad man...I just skimmed through your post because I was looking at while in a work-meeting. But you are spot on- he needs to use his front arm a lot more if he is pursuing a good international cricket

Flametree

International 12th Man
Change the tune for christ sake, it's the same tune you've banged out from the moment you joined this site. Basically listening to you is the same as reading the tabloids in England, the same hyperbole filled rants, that have not much place in reality.
For example, you go on about wanting excellence and getting rid of the likes of KP and Bell but yet don't seem to have very little idea of the County game or the players in waiting, that are better equipped than said players. You mentioned Hildreth because you seemed to have seen his name banded about, do you think a guy that struggles with spin in the county game, who averaged about 38 last year, would do a better job than said players. The facts are the players in this team, maybe with the exception of Taylor , are the best there is to choose from and that's what you have to deal with.
To be fair to CWB, he has changed his tune. A month ago he was only rubbishing Bell, now he's doing it to Pietersen as well. I don't understand how Cook and Trott have avoided his eagle eye...

Last edited:

CWB304

U19 Cricketer
To be fair to CWB, he has changed his tune. A month ago he was only rubbishing Bell, now he's doing it to Pietersen as well. I don't understand how Cook and Trott have avoided his eagle eye...
No I haven't - I mentioned Pietersen in much the same terms in the very first post in which I first mentioned Bell.

CWB304

U19 Cricketer
Cook and Trott are pretty decent batsmen. Probably not "world class", but decent nonetheless. KP (average 11 in just-finished series) and Bell (average 8.5 in just-finished series) on the other hand, are simply embarrassing against decent spin bowling, and thus a liability which England can no longer afford to accommodate, particularly as they are about to go to the SC. I don't see why one needs to have an encyclopaedic knowledge of young English batsmen in the county game to express the opinion that frontline batsmen who look like tailenders and have averages to match across an entire series ought to be replaced.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Personally thought that Pieterson was kind of unlucky on at least one occasion where the ball was clipping the leg stump and DRS stood with on field call...he is weak against left arm offspin but did try very hard to overcome that deficiency, at least that's the way it looked like from his change of gears in scoring and trying to come down the pitch. He is one player that I truly admire in the English side and I am disappointed for him not to get runs here...hope he does better in the future SC series.

smash84

The Tiger King
tbf to CWB304 he gave his opinion wayyyy back during/after the first test and with time his analysis has proven to be correct which is more than what we can say about a lot of the other fans on here. And it isn't that he made statements after the whitewash. I think it is time that some of the other posters look beyond his tone and evaluate his arguments on merit

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Personally thought that Pieterson was kind of unlucky on at least one occasion where the ball was clipping the leg stump and DRS stood with on field call...he is weak against left arm offspin but did try very hard to overcome that deficiency, at least that's the way it looked like from his change of gears in scoring and trying to come down the pitch. He is one player that I truly admire in the English side and I am disappointed for him not to get runs here...hope he does better in the future SC series.
Pfft, if you allow yourself to be on the receiving end of marginal (but still correct) decisions then you're still ****ing out, it doesn't matter how close it was. Shouldn't call it unlucky imo.

Spark

Global Moderator
KP just looks like he's completely forgotten how to construct an innings. Even that last knock - aside from the two lofted shots, he didn't look like he was playing with a great deal of purpose.

Xuhaib

International Coach
IMO KP tinkers too much with his batting technique to ever be a really great player even though he has talent to be one. Yes its important as a cricketer you don't stagnate with your playing style however making as many adjustments as KP makes is also bound to have a negative impact.

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
Wait till they go to Sri Lanka. New excuses will start pouring in.
Really now? Indian bowlers and SL bowlers are far better and you need to remember they have all kinds lefties, carrom ballers etc.. So England will find it even more tougher. Thanks for welcoming me to cricket.
Atrocious posting. It's one thing to be bitter about a result, but you're just taking it to a whole new level. Everybody saw your downright arrogant and biased style of posting before the India vs. England series, but for some reason you stopped posting as soon as the 1st test started. You've obviously been waiting for a moment like this. This had been England's first major blunder for quite some time and you've seen it as an opportunity to come in and kick them when they're down, it's pathetic. Where were you before all of this? It’s much easier to be fair weather fan.

Do you have some sort of agenda against England and their posters? Maybe you just wanted something to dish out after you embarrassed yourself during India's tour of England.

Last edited:

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Cook and Trott are pretty decent batsmen. Probably not "world class", but decent nonetheless. KP (average 11 in just-finished series) and Bell (average 8.5 in just-finished series) on the other hand, are simply embarrassing against decent spin bowling, and thus a liability which England can no longer afford to accommodate, particularly as they are about to go to the SC. I don't see why one needs to have an encyclopaedic knowledge of young English batsmen in the county game to express the opinion that frontline batsmen who look like tailenders and have averages to match across an entire series ought to be replaced.
None in their right minds can think of dropping Bell. He has been absolutely plundering all attacks in the last year.