• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official Comm Bank Series - Aus, Ind & SL ODI's***

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Actually really looking forward to today's game for some reason. Mostly because I can watch Mahela/Sanga/Tendulkar/Rohit bat without any bias getting in the way.
I'm looking forward to it because I love cricket and am bored as bat****.

TumTum

Banned
No one accuses Ponting for going for records either, or Dravid etc. They don't need to come out and admit that they go for records, because who cares?
And what records are those?

The point is with Tendulkar it's the most obvious, yet some of his fans deny this. This infuriates me the most.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Dravid and Ponting are probably competing for who ends with more test runs and probably better average between the two.

Kallis will eventually taken over from both and be the second highest after Tendulkar when they all retire.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
The point is with Tendulkar it's the most obvious, yet some of his fans deny this. This infuriates me the most.
Why does it piss you off so much?

Honestly if you really wanna pick on Sachin, there are so many better things to say than "oh he wants to hold the most runs and most centuries record".

****, so do I!

TumTum

Banned
Why does it piss you off so much?
Read my post again. Or the point Ruckus mentioned.

Honestly if you really wanna pick on Sachin, there are so many better things to say than "oh he wants to hold the most runs and most centuries record".

****, so do I!
1. Where am I picking on Sachin? I am picking on his fans.

2. Where did I say the sentence in bold?

TumTum

Banned
I forgot, but how difficult is it batting in the evening on the WACA? Is this the pitch here where it moves the most?

Ruckus

International Captain
What? Players play the straight bat and say cliches when answering questions all the time.

Every player who performs well in a match will not talk about how good their performance is (barring some crazy egomaniac players, or players that are just honest every time) and talk about how disappointed they are as a team.

Same with Sachin talking about how the team is important and not his records. He cares about his records, but why does he have to tell us he cares about his records? It'll just fuel the fire.

Got nothing to do with a halo. No one accuses Ponting for going for records either, or Dravid etc. They don't need to come out and admit that they go for records, because who cares?
Well I much prefer it when people speak their mind rather than brushing things under the carpet, which is what Tendulkar often does when asked about so and so record etc. Someone like Ponting almost always speaks very frankly, which is one of the things I really like about him in pressers and stuff. Can't really blame Tendulkar though I guess, he has so many **** crazy fans who would, as you said, probably jump down his throat if he ever even mentioned he does go for records. Just my personal preference though.

mono

U19 Debutant
India team
V Sehwag, SR Tendulkar, V Kohli, SK Raina, RG Sharma, MS Dhoni*†, RA Jadeja, R Ashwin, R Vinay Kumar, P Kumar, Z Khan

Sri Lanka team
TM Dilshan, WU Tharanga, KC Sangakkara†, LD Chandimal, DPMD Jayawardene*, AD Mathews, NLTC Perera, KMDN Kulasekara, SL Malinga, KTGD Prasad, HDRL Thirimanne
The list of sri lankan players' names is significantly longer than the list indian players' names

:)

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Good to see Zaheer back in coloured clothes. His stats are finally starting to reflect the kind of bowler he is, hope he goes well this tri-series.

thierry henry

International Coach
Moody WAC, 5'10" and 5'11" are both above average heights for an Australian and comfortably in the tall category for a Sri Lankan. Don't drag everyone down because you're a gigantic ****.

Last edited:

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Finally!!!!!

Sachin Tendulkar now has 250 international catches.

A true legend.

(well, 251 if you count T20Is)

Last edited: