• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan and England in UAE

Who do you think will win?!

• Total voters

Howe_zat

Audio File
Unscathed at stumps, then. First job's been done, and taking today in isolation would make it England's day by a distance.

Effectively a chase of 290 set up, and so one reasonable day's batting is all that it needs. Surely that's not much to ask for for an entire series? Dead rubber I know, but I'm desperate for our batsmen to try and salvage some pride.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Unscathed at stumps, then. First job's been done, and taking today in isolation would make it England's day by a distance.

Effectively a chase of 290 set up, and so one reasonable day's batting is all that it needs. Surely that's not much to ask for for an entire series? Dead rubber I know, but I'm desperate for our batsmen to try and salvage some pride.
I think I've said this previously, but I don't see England's batting failures as lacking in application or anything like that, they've been technically and tactically inept.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
England win still only paying 23/10 (3.30) whereas Pakistan are 9/20 (1.45).

Pakistan warm favourites and rightly so, but bookies not quite writing England off.
Worth holding off and waiting to see if England get going tomorrow then lumping on Pakistan at better odds as we know as soon as the 2nd wicket goes we will collapse after that.

ganeshran

International Debutant
Good fightback by England facing 11 overs of spin without being scathed. Tomorrow will be a tougher test as the ball gets older and the rough patches starting to misbehave

smash84

The Tiger King
England need 290 to win with all wickets in hand......

did any chance go down today? Did Toffee drop somebody?

Xuhaib

International Coach
poor stuff from the lower order Pakistan's biggest area of concern atm apart from its fast bowling. How good is Azhar Ali? real coming of age innings here the best thing about the guy is he hardly scores cheap runs.

Woodster

International Captain
All logic does point to Pakistan spinning England out tomorrow with plenty of runs to spare. England will just set small targets, getting through the first hour unscathed will no doubt give us a boost and maybe some belief, but wickets have been going clusters, my worry is when one goes how many follow quickly after that ?

I don't think we'll chase this total down, a score that will go second in the list of highest targets England have chased in the fourth innings in Test match cricket, but the least I hope and expect is for us to apply ourselves well, be positive, and make Pakistan work hard to get all 10 wickets. It's small comfort when you consider the series overall, even if we do achieve this, but such has been our batting this campaign that I'm sure we'll take that for now.

I'm reluctant to say England cannot do this, despite it being highly unlikely that we can win this Test the way we've played the spinners and the general form of the batsmen which makes this task huge, but if we get through to lunch in a decent state and we have players that get set, who knows ?

Neil Pickup

England all out 150.

Lots and lots of hard work required before the Sri Lankan tour, as Herath and Senanayake will be liking what they're seeing right now.

Woodster

International Captain
England all out 150.

Lots and lots of hard work required before the Sri Lankan tour, as Herath and Senanayake will be liking what they're seeing right now.
Yes the SL tweakers will be rubbing their hands, and I'm they'll be doing all they can to raise the funds to ensure the DRS is in place.

England's batsmen individually need to find a way, a method that suits their style of play in these conditions and back themselves to succeed. This has been such a frustrating series, let's hope the SL one brings more belief that we can win in the SC.

Neil Pickup

Who's Senanayake? Or rather, is he likely to be any good?
Off spinner. Suspect action. That should probably do for us on this viewing.

Top of the SL domestic wickets lists. Debuted in ODIs in SA last month and is not part of the SL A team in the current Lions series. I can't see them going in without the second spinner so all indications point to a profitable Test debut.