• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan and England in UAE

Who do you think will win?!

• Total voters

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
You're the one that brought up the draw...if you don't think they can, then it makes even less sense to try to get faster score.
*sigh*

I clearly stated that the only way I see a draw is if the bowlers don't have enough time to take wickets...not because they are not good enough.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
*sigh*

I clearly stated that the only way I see a draw is if the bowlers don't have enough time to take wickets...not because they are not good enough.
And what we're saying is that there's more than enough time for Pakistan to continue scoring at this rate and still have a certain amount of time to bowl out England. And this certain amount of time is not long enough so as to allow England a chance to win and not short enough to allow them a chance to draw.

Beleg

International Regular
And what we're saying is that there's more than enough time for Pakistan to continue scoring at this rate and still have a certain amount of time to bowl out England. And this certain amount of time is not long enough so as to allow England a chance to win and not short enough to allow them a chance to draw.

and my point is that they should NOT be scoring at this rate if they're able to score faster without taking any undue risks. an inability to do so reflects negatively on the batting talent of the fellas in the middle.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
and my point is that they should NOT be scoring at this rate if they're able to score faster without taking any undue risks. an inability to do so reflects negatively on the batting talent of the fellas in the middle.
I didn't disagree with that. Not sure if that's possible though.

Last edited:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
So, finally a team in this series has decided to bat competently, Can't see England getting whatever Pakistan will set them now.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Could've sworn that had an inside edge. Ah well, as I said before, goal has to be to bat out the day and hopefully amass a 400 lead.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
And no one in the world has ever scored a double century in test cricket without scoring 1 in first class cricket.
I didn't say it was impossible ffs. I just think it's unlikely given he's not shown any ability to make really big scores before. He's struggled to get to three figures even when he's batted well at Test level and his other other hundred before today ended on exactly 100. Add to that the fact that he hasn't even got anywhere close in First Class cricket and history is against him. It just makes it.. not a good bet, basically.