• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official Comm Bank Series - Aus, Ind & SL ODI's***

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Wasn't optimistic about our test chances even at the start of the series, but definitely backing us to win this for sure. Really liking our ODI squad, only if we had Yuvi then it woulda been sweet.

R_D

International Debutant
Wasn't optimistic about our test chances even at the start of the series, but definitely backing us to win this for sure. Really liking our ODI squad, only if we had Yuvi then it woulda been sweet.
I dont feel so confident... Gambhir is likely to be troubled by bounce likewise Sehwag and Raina...
Dhoni wasnt too flash last time he played ODI's in Australia... Sachin, virat and Sharma are the only reliable batsman.
Praveen Kumar back for ODI's?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I am beginning to be of the belief that India winning this ODI series will do Indian cricket more harm than good.

R_D

International Debutant
I am beginning to be of the belief that India winning this ODI series will do Indian cricket more harm than good.
Hahaha... True that
I found myself cheering for Aus bowlers and hoping Dravid and Laxman don't score much runs after Perth test because that would mean they are back in form and answered the critics and yada yada....

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
I dont feel so confident... Gambhir is likely to be troubled by bounce likewise Sehwag and Raina...
Dhoni wasnt too flash last time he played ODI's in Australia... Sachin, virat and Sharma are the only reliable batsman.
Praveen Kumar back for ODI's?
Huh? Dhoni had a couple of 50's against SL, he didn't get a significant score against the Aussies but that was a series dominated by the ball so it was understandable. Dhoni will be fine in ODI's, Sachin will be fine, Virat should smash a ton or two in this series, Praveen was a find last time, hopefully he does well. Having Zak for ODI's is nice too, hasn't played since the WC IIRC. Raina will be the one to watch, if he can adapt to the extra pace and bounce in Aus that'd be nice. Sehwag is the one I worry about since he's never really hit it off against the Aussies in ODI's, and even last time he was crap in ODI's and was replaced by Robin U towards the end.

GG's confidence is low but his ODI form has been fine the last few years.

Loose Cannon

U19 Debutant
The real interest will be which quicks they pick for the Aus squad.

With 6 of their top 7 ODI quicks injured or unavailable (Johnson, Harris, Bollinger, Pattinson, Cummins, Hastings) there is an opportunity to field a squad with promising young bowlers.

Lee and Starc are a given. Hopefully it's Coulter-Nile and McDermott with them rather than McKay and Siddle.

Howsie

International Captain
McKay isn't that bad. Sure he should probably never play another test for Australia but he's a pretty handy limited overs bowler IMO, you could definitely do a lot worse.

Spark

Global Moderator
I thought Dougeh was fit again?

So possibly Lee/Pattinson/Dougeh + McKay + Cummins later on.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
McKay has been one of the form bowlers of the BBL. Deserves his chance in the ODI's if bowling positions are available. He has been a fantastic perfomer in his limited career, and played well against India and Sri Lanka in the past.

Loose Cannon

U19 Debutant
McKay isn't that bad. Sure he should probably never play another test for Australia but he's a pretty handy limited overs bowler IMO, you could definitely do a lot worse.
Yeah, he's a solid limited overs bowler. My point was that he has no shot of playing ODIs down the track with all those injured players ahead of him still to come back.

Better to pick young.

Sylvester

State Captain
McKay hasn't shown anything in the Ryobi cup this season to get picked would be solely on past form and when guys like Coluter-Nile and McDermott are killing it, picking on form has never looked more appealing.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I thought Dougeh was fit again?

Did a hamstring playing with his kid in the backyard. season probably over

when you start getting about 8th in line i dunno know probably time to just pick the best option. which mckay is. still only 28 so highly likely to be around for the WC....

McDermott can focus on trying to get into the shield team.( which he probably shouldn't but still)