• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan and England in UAE

Who do you think will win?!

• Total voters

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Fine is understating it; they were outstanding. Never felt so sorry for any of our players in the face of defeat, the four bowlers put in a performance worthy of a victory IMO. Batsmen should all be kicked in the bollocks for six days continuously though.
:laugh:

I'm up for that. Doing anything for the next week mate?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Abdul Rehman's Bowling action is doubtful"...expected Headline for UK newspapers tomorrow..
That's just a blatant troll.

Rehman has a beautiful action, actually and bowled very well. Full credit to him. His best ball didn't even get a wicket; pitched leg stump and just spun past Prior's bat. Perfect SLA bowler's delivery.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Actually stayed up to watch most of this last night. Pakistan making it very tough not to completely end my haitus from cricket.

Maybe I'll get lucky and PCB will get rid of Misbah so I can go back to ignoring them altogether...

Shri

Mr. Glass
Actually stayed up to watch most of this last night. Pakistan making it very tough not to completely end my haitus from cricket.

Maybe I'll get lucky and PCB will get rid of Misbah so I can go back to ignoring them altogether...
Yeah. Exit Misbah, enter Conrad Verner THE NEW PAK CAPTAIN!

Shri

Mr. Glass
That's just a blatant troll.

Rehman has a beautiful action, actually and bowled very well. Full credit to him. His best ball didn't even get a wicket; pitched leg stump and just spun past Prior's bat. Perfect SLA bowler's delivery.
If you are referring to the last ball of the 32nd over, t was a good ball(great actually) but it just drifted in beautifully, pitched between middle and off and beat Prior's attempted forward defense. Can't remember seeing a ball you described.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
If you are referring to the last ball of the 32nd over, t was a good ball(great actually) but it just drifted in beautifully, pitched between middle and off and beat Prior's attempted forward defense. Can't remember seeing a ball you described.
Yeah, think that was it. Thought it pitched slightly wider myself, but was a top nut in any event. As Nass said at the time "Good luck getting a bat on that".

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Congratulations to the fair minded contingent of Pakistan supporters who have had to put up with so much crap over recent years and are entitled to enjoy this one for all it's worth.

As for England, a few questions spring to mind. Did SA get rolled over like this when they toured these parts? Thought not. Have the pitches for the two tests been absolute minefields? Thought not either.

Let's get real. We are watching in this series the most consistently wretched English batting that I can remember for eons. The lack of any sort of game plan to face these Pakistani bowlers in these conditions is astonishing. Clearly there has either been no planning, or else most of our top 6 haven't been listening. I'm all right mate - my average is in the high 40's and we're number 1. By the time we'd twice rolled over in the first test, they were never going to work it out for this one.

In situations like this, it's a shame that the barmy army are so forgiving. What some of these pampered egos deserve is one almighty lambasting with the sort of abuse normally saved for Patrice Evra by those lovable scousers. The 2005 series in Pakistan was bad enough, but at least there were some instances of quality from our top 5, Some evidence of backbone . As a series, this is down there with the infamous 1992/93 tour of India, and I didn't think I'd be saying that just yet..
I don't think it's fair to bring in South Africa's performance on the same stadium. The stadium may have been the same but the pitch was completely different and surprised everyone including Pakistan. In that one Pakistan made a huge total as well but today their batting was terrible like England's (apart from Azhar and Asad - the difference between the two sides).

Have to say though England's bowling unit is the best in the world right now. Two terrific spinners and a whole load of quicks led by Anderson and Broad. And Anderson's bowling shouldn't be ignored. He may not have got the wickets but he really put a lot of pressure on our batsmen.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think they will focus on heir own players. The British press are the first to slam their own players before any one else's.
Yep heard the classic football fans '****ing disgrace' in reference to the 72 in the pub, was followed by moaning about 'all the South Africans in the side.'

Woodster

International Captain
Well how that Test turned around in a very short space of time. I was happy with the way England played for virtually the entire Test, then we attempted to chase down a very modest total and came seriously unstuck.

There will be the inevitable over-reaction in the English press, and to be honest I'd have been with them had I posted immediately after the game, but I have calmed myself down and am now trying to unravel what took place with a calmer mind.

We bowled very well as a unit throughout this entire Test, while Anderson and Broad got a hint of assistance at times and looked threatening, they were generally probing and waiting for a Pakistani error (especially in the second innings), they were consistent and accurate and Strauss and Flower could not have asked for much more, especially Broad. The spinners were equally impressive, a fantastic return from Panesar who was a constant menace to Pakistan, while Swann was not as effective and is not in top form but formed a decent partnerswhip when bowling in tandem with Monty.

The ground fielding was excellent too, Morgan at backward point, Broad, Cook, Anderson, all throwing themselves around, KP also tidy but for his missed run out opportunity. Strauss doesn't drop many, but did in the first innings, but overall we looked sharp.

Which brings us to the batting, that I'm going to think further about, and of course while looking at England's weaknesses with the bat we fail to give enough credit to Ajmal and Rehman who were absolutely stunning. Credit to Pakistan, they may play a very different brand of cricket to what we've seen in years gone by, but it's currently working a treat in these conditions.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Well how that Test turned around in a very short space of time. I was happy with the way England played for virtually the entire Test, then we attempted to chase down a very modest total and came seriously unstuck.

There will be the inevitable over-reaction in the English press, and to be honest I'd have been with them had I posted immediately after the game, but I have calmed myself down and am now trying to unravel what took place with a calmer mind.

We bowled very well as a unit throughout this entire Test, while Anderson and Broad got a hint of assistance at times and looked threatening, they were generally probing and waiting for a Pakistani error (especially in the second innings), they were consistent and accurate and Strauss and Flower could not have asked for much more, especially Broad. The spinners were equally impressive, a fantastic return from Panesar who was a constant menace to Pakistan, while Swann was not as effective and is not in top form but formed a decent partnerswhip when bowling in tandem with Monty.

The ground fielding was excellent too, Morgan at backward point, Broad, Cook, Anderson, all throwing themselves around, KP also tidy but for his missed run out opportunity. Strauss doesn't drop many, but did in the first innings, but overall we looked sharp.

Which brings us to the batting, that I'm going to think further about, and of course while looking at England's weaknesses with the bat we fail to give enough credit to Ajmal and Rehman who were absolutely stunning. Credit to Pakistan, they may play a very different brand of cricket to what we've seen in years gone by, but it's currently working a treat in these conditions.
Hmm.

Short of recommending that the batsmen are tarred and feathered I can't how the gentlemen (& ladies) of the fourth estate can overreact. 'Twas all kinds of gash.