• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan and England in UAE

Who do you think will win?!

• Total voters

Xuhaib

International Coach
btw comedy batting by England middle order vs spin never knew the likes of KP & Bell can be so clueless to spin.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just watched the highlights and whilst it is fair to say that the batting wasn't great, some of the spin was very quick and would've been extremely difficult to play

Also Swann looked very ordinary compared to the other spinners on show and Monty was definitely treated as the senior bowler by his captain. Is he injured?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Just watched the highlights and whilst it is fair to say that the batting wasn't great, some of the spin was very quick and would've been extremely difficult to play

Also Swann looked very ordinary compared to the other spinners on show and Monty was definitely treated as the senior bowler by his captain. Is he injured?
I just think that Strauss twigged that Monty's quicker, flatter trajectory was the better bet for this deck.

Swann gives it far more air than any of the other spinners in this game, but no batsman was really deceived by flight or dip, they were mostly done by the quicker one that goes straight on.

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
Fully intend to use the supposed ill health of Trott as the cause for defeat, apparently h had the s**ts.

No but in all seriousness I should have just stayed in bed. This was embarrassing. Played too ****y ended up with egg on our faces.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
btw comedy batting by England middle order vs spin never knew the likes of KP & Bell can be so clueless to spin.
I used to be one of those who thought KP and Bell are good players of spin bowling... I will give them 1 more test match before I change my opinion.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
The best thing about this victory though was the fact that it was Pakistan who bundled out someone else for 70 odd while chasing 140 and not the other way around.

Fusion

Global Moderator
I'm now thinking about changing my opinion regarding Mohsin. Would still like Whatmore, but I think Mohsin should have a crucial role.
I still don't think Mohsin has much to do with this tbh. It's Misbah who has transformed the team in his image and it's hard working players willing to go along with his approach.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
But he does have a great relationship with the poyz.

He needs to lovingly slap Akmal in the face for appealing at every ball even when the ball went to the boundary.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Avatar bet: whoever has the most points wins

Rules: 2 points per test win
1 point for whichever country has the most centurions over the course of the series
1 point for whichever country has the highest wicket taker over the course of the series
1 point for series win
.5 for Highest scorer each match
.5 highest wicket taker each match

Stipulation: If Furball wins, Agent Nationaux's avatar is mine for 6 months. If Agent Nationaux wins, my avatar is his for 6 months plus 1 month for every point he wins by.

Scores:

2 points to Agent Nationaux for the Test win
No batsman has yet scored a century
Agent Nationaux leads the highest wicket-taker stakes (Ajmal with 10)
Nationaux gets .5 points for highest run scorer (Hafeez)
Nationaux gets .5 points for highest wicket taker (Ajmal)

Nationaux 3-0 Furball
2 points for Nationaux for the Test win
No batsman has yet scored a century
Nationaux leads the highest wicket-taker stakes (Ajmal with 17)
Nationaux gets 1 point for the series win
Furball gets .5 points for highest run scorer (Cook)
Nationaux gets .5 points for highest wicket taker (Rehman)

Nationaux 6.5-0.5 Furball

As this bet is unwinnable, I am now sporting Afridi as my avatar. AN has been generous and offered me a straight 6 months, forget about the points, but I actually quite like the avatar he's given me so I'm sticking to the original bet :ph34r: