• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan and England in UAE

Who do you think will win?!

• Total voters

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ahem, not to blow my own trumpet or anything but...

I'm not too downhearted about this defeat though to be honest. We needed a kick up the arse and it's great to see Pakistan becoming a great cricketing force again. It was sad to see how awful they were in 2010 in England.
We would still beat them easily at home just as they have destroyed us here, that takes nothing away from how brilliantly they have done since MIsbah took over, guy is a hero.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
At the risk of sounding like an Indian cricket director, England will be fine once they play on more pace oriented pitches again.

Not sure what they will do to succeed in conditions like this though. Open with Broad for laughs.
Get it into their batsman's minds that you're allowed to dictate terms to opposition spinners once in a while.

If Pakistan played the same lineup in England we'd be belting their spinners. Why when we play on the subcontinent we suddenly turn into frightened rabbits I have no idea.

Pizzorno

State Vice-Captain
This series just further highlights that there isn't a dominant force in world cricket at the moment and I don't think there will be for quite some time. England, Australia, SA and now Pakistan are all proving to be strong at home but vulnerable away from it. I can't remember a time when touring teams have found it so hard to win. It's good for Test cricket though, long may it continue.

Also why so much trolling going on in here?

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Get it into their batsman's minds that you're allowed to dictate terms to opposition spinners once in a while.

If Pakistan played the same lineup in England we'd be belting their spinners. Why when we play on the subcontinent we suddenly turn into frightened rabbits I have no idea.
Because the pitches are more helpful to spinners and less to seamers for once?

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain

It was just brilliant spin bowling on a low, slow, turning pitch. None of the England batsman have the technique/experience to deal with that.

It wasn't brainfarts or anything, they were physically incapable of doing anything to stop the Pakistan spinners.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah comparing Morgan to Hick just doesn't work for me. If he does keep re-appearing it'll be on the strength of his ODI performances where he can score 90% of his runs against part-timers and dart-throwers. Probably more comparable to Yuvraj.
I don't wish to draw comparisons between Morgan and Hick in terms of their ability or style or anything, just that I can see a similar type scenario emerging. More of less from day one in Morgan's international career it has struck me that the England selectors have been determined for Morgan to make the grade, despite his performances never really suggesting he'll be anything more than a bit part player.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Loving this Australia hype, all they have done is beat a totally shot India side or do we just judge of what has happened in the last week?

New Zealand obviously world no 1 then.

All the teams have obvious failings and it's going to make test cricket a very interesting and rather bizarre place for the ext few years.
Happy living in denial then. Your batting is NOT good against incisive bowling, period. It doesn't have to be only spin, either. You have a prima donna in KP, a mental wreck in Bell, a struggling captain..sorry, you're going to be in strife everytime there's a team capable of bowling decently for long stretches of time.

Well done, Pakistan..I was clapping at every wicket after a long, long time. Showed some real balls.

@flibberty: **** off, **** :laugh:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Transitional No 1 ?? :laugh::laugh:
Indeed so. We're still very much in an interregnum.

England's flaws were obvious when they got to #1: hadn't beaten SA or won in the sub-continent (yeah, well Bangladesh excepted, but, y'know...). Good bowling attack (and have probably enhanced their rep this series) but batsmen who struggle against quality bowling.

Last quality attack they faced was Pakistan in 2010 and, but for an insane stand between Trott and Broad, might've tied that one too.