• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan and England in UAE

Who do you think will win?!

• Total voters

Furball

Evil Scotsman
To suggest that England are 'miles' ahead at this point in time is laughable and a little more.
No it isn't.

My post might look stupid this time tomorrow but that won't change the fact that England are in front just now. Unless it's a greentop or a raging turner, you'd be disappointed with being 250/7 having won the toss and batted.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Have to say, some very agricultural shots at times from Misbah and Shafiq at times, especially considering neither was hurtling along generally.

Horrible drop from the captain too. Heartbreaker for Jimmeh.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Looks like we have had a good day but unless we bat well and score over 400 then it is a bit pointless. Realistically we should be looking to bat 4 or 5 sessions and have a 100+ run lead as anything over 150 in the final innings will be tough to get.

On evidence so far we have the edge but you still have England's woeful batting last week in the back of your mind. Wouldn't be a surprise if they folded again but also wouldn't shock anyone if they batted well like they have for the majority of the last 15 months.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Judging from the highlights, it was turning a hell of a lot for day 1.

England are ahead, but to say "miles ahead" is pushing it if you ask me.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
btw, do we know when was the last time England sent down more than 90 overs in a day apart from when overs were being added for lost time earlier in a test?
Would be interested to know when any tea, has done it to be honest, absolutely pathetic that Test teams get away with not bowling 90 overs in 6 hours when 30 or more are bowled by a spinner.

Burgey

Better than being Nathan Lyon though or any other current convict spinner.
We shall see. Swann's bubble has burst mate. He's a solid bowler is all. Needs a lot of help from the deck to run through a side (which is fine) but he's hardly "World's best spinner" material.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
We shall see. Swann's bubble has burst mate. He's a solid bowler is all. Needs a lot of help from the deck to run through a side (which is fine) but he's hardly "World's best spinner" material.
TBF, whilst it might be rather like being the world's tallest pygmy just now, he's definitely up there. Certainly the best current spinner whose action I'd take home to meet Mama Brumby, anyway.

Lovely nut to get Rehman as well.

&, jeez, Misbah likes a slog, eh? Weirdest batsman.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
If you want to believe the rankings, Ajmal just pips Swann now - thanks to the last match.

Still can't believe we have three bowlers ranked in the top five. Our bowling is just so :wub: atm.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
No doubt he bowls better when the pitch offers turn, but whenever the pitch has called for a spinner to run through the opposition, Swann has done it for us. And he may not be 'world's best spinner material' in the Warne/Murali era, but as Brumby said he's right up there now, either 1st or 2nd depending on whose side you're on.

flibbertyjibber

So you think, but he is still miles better than anything you lot can shove onto a cricket field at present.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Mohsin Khan the new Grecian 2000 poster boy? Looks like his hair's been painted. :ph34r:

EDIT: Good bloke tho. Speaks a lot of sense.

Last edited:

Burgey

TBF, whilst it might be rather like being the world's tallest pygmy just now, he's definitely up there. Certainly the best current spinner whose action I'd take home to meet Mama Brumby, anyway.

Lovely nut to get Rehman as well.

&, jeez, Misbah likes a slog, eh? Weirdest batsman.
We used to say the same thing about Warne :ph34r:

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Or you know, scoring big runs.
Yes, I find this criticism of Misbah, utterly bizzarre. This is a Pakistani side that struggled to put any runs on the board at all, not that long ago. Without him today, they may have already been bowled out, and yet some are complaining he may take up too much time in the match, on the second morning:unsure:

Burgey

Yes, I find this criticism of Misbah, utterly bizzarre. This is a Pakistani side that struggled to put any runs on the board at all, not that long ago. Without him today, they may have already been bowled out, and yet some are complaining he may take up too much time in the match, on the second morning:unsure:
This is the rub. People been complaining for years the bat has dominated too much. It seems the bowlers are starting to bite back with the help of some more helpful wickets. This may well mean more circumspect batting in order to grind out scores, and I wager we'll have a lot of criticism of that "boring" type of play now too.

slowfinger

International Debutant
This is the rub. People been complaining for years the bat has dominated too much. It seems the bowlers are starting to bite back with the help of some more helpful wickets. This may well mean more circumspect batting in order to grind out scores, and I wager we'll have a lot of criticism of that "boring" type of play now too.
haterz gon' hate.