• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan and England in UAE

Who do you think will win?!

• Total voters

salman85

International Debutant
Or look awfully brilliant when England don't get their hands out of their pockets,and go on to lose their series,setting the stage for an extremely hard summer in India even if Srilanka provides some relaxation.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
That he was cleared some years ago, fine. That does not give him carte blanche to bowl however he likes for the rest of his career without being monitored and tested if people feel he needs testing again.
True and those people are the umps and referees....who didn't have a problem....

And none of the England players said a word about his action. In fact Prior's comments earned him a lot of respect from me for saying that it was up to England batsmen to figure him out..

Faisal1985

Right, so which match did they use then? The most recent one?
No not a recent one, it was doosra.. :p

Point is if any of the authorities bring up the issue to ICC again we can have this discussion but right now it seriously looks like England fans here are just whining...

Spark

Global Moderator
Interesting article on Ajmal's action.

Demystifying the Saeed Ajmal anomaly | Sport | DAWN.COM

The man in the limelight this past week, Ajmal, is another anomaly. He is not a shoulder, finger, or forearm spinner. He has, instead, dug up the buried art of wrist-spin, which is normally confined to leg-spinners and given it a most exciting twist. Most of his spin is not dependent on the fingers or shoulder, but actually on the wrist acting in a manner opposite to how it would act for a conventional leggie.

So, Ajmal, instead of using his wrist to pass on the ball to the fingers, (as Swann, or any conventional ‘offie’ would do) uses his wrist as the major body part imparting the spin. Getting the wrist in position for an off-break takes that extra fraction of a second, which in turn means he has the delayed, jerky action that is so hotly debated.

This novel wrist-spinning style is also the reason why Ajmal has been able to stock up his bowling arsenal with a ‘skiddy’ straighter-one, or what he likes to term the teesra.

In reality, the teesra is not a new delivery as it has been part of a leg-spinners bag of tricks for generations. Shane Warne liked to call it the ‘slider.’ However, as Ajmal bowls it with the off-spinner’s action, it will take some time for the batsman to adjust to this new variation. Indeed, the English batsman should be focusing on picking the doosra, instead of getting ahead of themselves and getting tangled up in the teesra talk.

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
Or look awfully brilliant when England don't get their hands out of their pockets,and go on to lose their series,setting the stage for an extremely hard summer in India even if Srilanka provides some relaxation.
To be honest I think the India and Sri-Lanka series will be a fair bit easier than this.

For all Ashwin's supposed skill he's no Ajmal.

Woodster

International Captain
Pakistan may pose a bigger threat with the ball, but India's batting is still a force to be reckoned with in home conditions. The good thing is by the time we visit a couple of the old pro's may be enjoying retirement.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
It's a shame both governments can't resolve their issue, think an India v Pakistan series in March would be gun provided the curators didn't pull their usual 'prepare a track so flat Yuvraj can make a hundred' trick.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I would dearly love to see an India, Pak Test series being played on the green pitches of England. Now that would be a gun series.
Yeah, tis a shame Ijaz Butt was a massive **** because I thought the idea of England acting as a neutral base for Pakistan was great.

Bouncer

State Regular
I would dearly love to see an India, Pak Test series being played on the green pitches of England. Now that would be a gun series.
two years ago when Eng offered hosting Pak's test matches in england, I wouldnt be surprised this idea must have came to their mind considering the huge numbers of indian and Pakistanis living in UK.

It would have been a lot of fun, result would have been if not 3-0 but at least 2-0 for Pak, but thanks to the greedy, money hungry, filthy ****roaches like 3 of us have single handedly made sure that it will never happen.

Faisal1985

I was really thinking what am i going to brag about once we win this series and England does not win a single test...i guess i will say at least we won a test when we toured England....but only after this series.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Zaheer Khan and Praveen kumar would have eaten our 2010 batting line up for breakfast in England. If there is a series between the two sides right now I think it will be 1-1. Indian greats are still pretty good in their home conditions however i don't see India getting a way past Younis and Misbah with their bowling attack.

Shri

Mr. Glass
3-0 to Pakistan tbh :dry:
That might actually be a good thing for us. I must be the only guy hoping for a lot of white washes to India so that things have to change. That said Pak always self destructs once in a series against us and its too much to ask for a Pak white wash.