• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan and England in UAE

Who do you think will win?!

• Total voters

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
:lol:

But Ravi has a great record on the subcon doesn't he?
Stunning.

To be fair that series against Sri Lanka was a long time ago and am not at all convinced that Morgan is a better test batsman, add the bowling he may well be the better bet.

That area the only issue for me though, this team given me so much joy this last year and a bit I'm happy to give them one **** performance.

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
Stunning.

To be fair that series against Sri Lanka was a long time ago and am not at all convinced that Morgan is a better test batsman, add the bowling he may well be the better bet.

That area the only issue for me though, this team given me so much joy this last year and a bit I'm happy to give them one **** performance.
Yeah... things can/do change/get rusty over new years... I suppose everyone has the odd meltdown... might be Pakistan's turn next round. They might do a Sri Lanka and choose to field first in the next game :p

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
England really have no idea how to play spin. Just no plan at all.
Yup. Makes you wonder what the hell they've been doing over the last few months, as it's no big surprise that spin is the biggest threat out here. Not very intelligent at all, and it really is a throwback to the bad old days in terms of preparation and attitude.

And quite what KP was trying to achieve is anyone's guess. Still, it's the way he plays apparently, so that's OK.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Looking at some of these dismissals I can't help but get the impression that England took Pakistan a bit lightly and that might have something to do with the previous series where they dominated.
They certainly look completely unprepared, which may smack of complacency. Probably the players more than the coach.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
England really have no idea how to play spin. Just no plan at all.
You know I really think that is a bit overstated... I really think people like Bell, Pietersen and Cook are decent enough players of spin bowling. So not sure what's happening here.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
You know I really think that is a bit overstated... I really think people like Bell, Pietersen and Cook are decent enough players of spin bowling. So not sure what's happening here.
It's not helped that by far their best player of spin, Bell, has had great trouble reading Pakistan's best spinner out of the hand. Doesn't really matter how good you are at playing the ball if you have absolutely no idea what it's going to do once it lands.

Spark

Global Moderator
Bell's technique is so mechanical that a bowler who does something weird like Ajmal will have him in all sorts. KP is KP, he'll find a way to get out, and Cook has barely faced a decent spin bowler in ages.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
It's not helped that by far their best player of spin, Bell, has had great trouble reading Pakistan's best spinner out of the hand. Doesn't really matter how good you are at playing the ball if you have absolutely no idea what it's going to do once it lands.
Agreed..But even Tendulkar had no idea how to play Ajmal in the semi final..No one says Tendulkar can't play spin.

I still think Bell is a good player of spin..

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Bell's technique is so mechanical that a bowler who does something weird like Ajmal will have him in all sorts. KP is KP, he'll find a way to get out, and Cook has barely faced a decent spin bowler in ages.
Ironically, the one player I though who would have issues with spin has looked the most fluent and is heading towards a half century. And the reason I think Cook is a good player is because I remember a century he scored in India when he burst onto the scene.. You don't hear of many English batsmen scoring a century in India on their first tour.

hazsa19

International Regular
When England lose their 20th wicket for not much more than 300, you just know a bowler will be dropped.

Spark

Global Moderator
Ironically, the one player I though who would have issues with spin has looked the most fluent and is heading towards a half century.
How so? Trott's been very decisive in his footwork - getting well back when he can, getting forward when it's overpitched, working the gaps and the singles.