• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan and England in UAE

Who do you think will win?!

• Total voters

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Farcical

My main problem with DRS is that it gives the benefit of the doubt to the on-field umpire

If a guy with access to technology included unlimited frame-by-frame replays cant tell whether a split-second decision is correct then surely it should not stand

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Haha, and people want to give the umps more say when it comes to DRS......

I remember when Koetzen made some staggeringly bad decisions as 3rd umpire when DRS was still in it's infancy. Humans make mistake. Old humans make more mistakes.

Robots! Robots! Roboooooooooooooooooots!!!

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Because it hit such a small area and there was so little friction; it just flicked it as it went by.

Again; flicking noise. Sounds very similar.
He must've starched his whites for hours this morning because it sounded really woody. Dunno.

dfx-

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Wait a sec...if it hit his pocket then why was there no spot shown by hot sot on his pocket?

And secondly, why does he have a piece of willow in his pocket while batting, because the noise that it generated was quite woody, wasnt it?
Yeah the sound would be most convincing for me, no spot anywhere on his body either

Nowhere near as wrong as Ajmal where there was clear daylight between bat and ball that a blind bat could see.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
so if i'm getting this right - the ump has given strauss out, he has reviewed, there wasn't a hotspot but there was a woody sound.

yeah I can understand standing by the first call

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Anyway, Strauss needed that like a hole in the head as his recent record is terrible

Very lucky that the team is winning IMO because he's not worth his place in the team

Spark

Global Moderator
DRS says there should be conclusive evidence to overturn an on field umpire call. But what kind of conclusive evidence can one go by other than Hotspot.
I didn't even need Hotspot. The bat was clearly away from the ball at the time the ball was passing the bat on the replay.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Is this drs now a bigger issue because it's screwed an English player?
The DRS hasn't screwed England.

The 3rd umpire has. He has obviously thought there was not enough evidence to over-turn the decision.

But, imo, if you are going to use hotspot I think you need to trust in completely. Spot=Edge, No Spot=No Edge.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
He must've starched his whites for hours this morning because it sounded really woody. Dunno.
For me all you needed for that and Ajmal's dismissal was the slow-mo. Bat/gloves had daylight between the ball in both cases.

**** hotspot.