• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
If that was aimed at me Spikey, unless you made it clear to Wade or Nevill or whomever that they weren't just getting the one test, and they were guaranteed to go to the West Indies, I don't see how giving a new keeper one test is that beneficial.
Well that's exactly what should happen IMO. Don't see why it can't it shouldn't.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah that's the thing.

External factors such as pitch aside, you pick four pace bowlers because it's more likely to trouble the Indians, however when you factor in the nature of Adelaide, then you start to see it swing towards Lyon.

Personally, I think it's a close run thing and it doesn't matter the make up imo.
Yeah - add in that if Watson is fit to play/bowl you can pretty much always play Lyon (or replace him with a batting allrounder instead of bowler) but that he's not here, and it does become a pretty close run thing.

I just don't feel the four man pace attack at Adelaide though. Reckon they could get burnt out pretty quickly but, in saying that, Lyon has admitted he struggles a bit with the long spells etc that people think he should bowling in Tests because he's straight out of Futures where they have silly rules, so he might not provide any more spell relief than someone like Starc anyway. It's a tough one.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i was more thinking, first innings at Adl...it's gonna be pretty tough for him isn't it? 2nd innings yeah he might able to land it in the footmarks, but first innings i can def see him getting smashed out of the attack leaving us down to 3 seamers. but of course india might be 7 down by the time the 50 over mark is passed.

that said, it's a dead rubber. I know it's a pretty decisive issue, but I don't mind siddle being rested at all. Starc's gonna be in the OD squads so this could be his last FC match for the season. Meanwhile Lyon's not gonna have it as easy as he's had it so far his career, where's he often had to do nothing but clean up the tail. he's gonna be up against class players who can dominate on unfriendly surfaces. so this is a test for him.