• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan and England in UAE

Who do you think will win?!

• Total voters

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Guess I'm the only one still worried about Tremletts lack of match fitness given the press seem to think he'll be playing tomorrow. Hopefully he gets through the game fine.

Gona really need to change my sleep pattern around to follow this series.
Why is it only Tremlett that is the concern? Broad and Anderson have only played 1 First Class game since the home ODI series against India and Broad is also recovering from injury.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Why is it only Tremlett that is the concern? Broad and Anderson have only played 1 First Class game since the home ODI series against India and Broad is also recovering from injury.
broad and anderson are generally pretty fit and well but haven;t played for 4 months. Tremlett is injury prone, has a reputation for being soft and hasn't played for 6 months. broads recent injuries have been more freak injuries rather than normal fast bowling injuries. I just think that Tremlett is going to be bowling 77-78 mph by day 3 and 4 and isn't going to be able to see the ball when he is batting or fielding.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Started to work out how you're going to cheer yourself up when we beat you yet, Fusion? ;)
Haha, the way I figure, this is a no lose situation for my boys. No one expects us to beat England, so it wouldn’t exactly be heartbreak if we lose. On the other hand, this being the UAE and Pakistan playing consistently recently, I wouldn’t be shocked if we pulled off a draw, or gasp, even the upset victory. You should be sweating this series, it’s trouble. :p

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha, the way I figure, this is a no lose situation for my boys. No one expects us to beat England, so it wouldn’t exactly be heartbreak if we lose. On the other hand, this being the UAE and Pakistan playing consistently recently, I wouldn’t be shocked if we pulled off a draw, or gasp, even the upset victory. You should be sweating this series, it’s trouble. :p
I'm reckoning on Cook and Trott batting for about nine days each in total, and our bowlers doing the rest. It might not end up being pretty but I'm confident it'll work.

Xuhaib

International Coach
nervous as hell time for minnow bashing is done now we finally get to see the real metal of Misbah's men.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
nervous as hell time for minnow bashing is done now we finally get to see the real metal of Misbah's men.
Yeah, to be honest nobody really knows how good you are. You are better than the lower ranked teams but can you make the step up to be a contender against the better sides.

With that for Pakistan and the pitches for England it is a bit of a leap into the unknown for both sides in this series really.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
pakistan to win 1-0 with tremlett collapsing in one test, monty dropping a vital catch in another and ajmal running through us in one second innings to enliven an otherwise boring series imo.

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
I think the Pakistani management still have some doubts over their own batting line-ups skills, there's no questioning of players like Younis and Misbah but I think if they had more confidence in their batting the pitches would be greener because if I'm honest this will probably be the best attack we've faced since we last played Pakistan and lets face it what did for them there was poor batting.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I think the Pakistani management tend to have some doubts over who their captain is and whether they've banned him, so, y'know, baby steps.