• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan and England in UAE

Who do you think will win?!

• Total voters

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
:laugh: Didn't you say Jayawardene was better than Inzamam? :p

Kidding..

Its funny you say that because I was merely reacting to a comment someone made about you. If anything, you should be saying "I don't think Howe_Zat likes me very much."

To be honest, I admire the knowledge and information you have about most teams and even their first class structures..Many people don't even follow the first class cricket of their own teams let alone other teams..and I respect the fact that you know more about the first class cricket of some countries than some fans of those countries.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
:laugh: Didn't you say Jayawardene was better than Inzamam? :p

Kidding..

Its funny you say that because I was merely reacting to a comment someone made about you. If anything, you should be saying "I don't think Howe_Zat likes me very much."

To be honest, I admire the knowledge and information you have about most teams and even their first class structures..Many people don't even follow the first class cricket of their own teams let alone other teams..and I respect the fact that you know more about the first class cricket of some countries than some fans of those countries.
I'm mates with Howe (kinda :ph34r:); he was joking. :p

You often seem to take disproportionate joy in me getting burned by a post though. You dug up a burn from like a year ago the other day. :laugh:

Thanks for the compliment though.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
:laugh:

Look..I take joy in retorts that are witty and funny...not my fault all of those ones on Cricket Chat seem to be directed at you :p

And I know Howe_Zat was joking and so was I..

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
"He may be risk-averse by nature, but he has managed to translate that into a cohesive unit that is showing results. That is a remarkable achievement." - Sikander Bakht

The problem with that line of reasoning is that those results people are talking about are not going to come when you are playing against a stronger opponent..

If you go into a shell and try to draw a match, and you are up against one of the top 3 teams in the world, it is very likely Pakistan will lose the test match.

For example, these are two matches Pakistan should have won.

3rd Test: Pakistan v Sri Lanka at Sharjah, Nov 3-7, 2011 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

2nd Test: New Zealand v Pakistan at Wellington, Jan 15-19, 2011 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

If you play like that against a top side, then you won't get away with a draw. I simply cannot understand a team that is content with drawing a test match rather than winning it..even if you have already won the series. I have grown up listening to Imran Khan saying losing when trying to win is better than playing for a draw. I cannot accept this sort of thinking from a Pakistan team.

smash84

The Tiger King
Bit of an overreaction there. Only last month Aus lost a game at home to NZ.
Not really. The Aus bowling in this series has been better than the previous one and if this is the rate of improvement for their overall game (i.e. going from strength to strength) then definitely other teams have quite a bit to worry about.

P.S. Might be that India are actually looking Aus look better than they actually are but really, watching them in this series reminds me of the days of the early somewhat 00s

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Not really. The Aus bowling in this series has been better than the previous one and if this is the rate of improvement for their overall game (i.e. going from strength to strength) then definitely other teams have quite a bit to worry about.

P.S. Might be that India are actually looking Aus look better than they actually are but really, watching them in this series reminds me of the days of the early somewhat 00s
The bowling is good no doubt..and it was good even in the South Africa and New Zealand series..People forget that when they got bowled out for 47, South Africa got bowled out for 90.

However, its the batting which is the problem and I can see this batting crumbling against a better bowling attack. Even during this series they have had their weak moments..the fact that India could not capitalise on it and were already bowled out for 160 meant it did not cost them the match.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Really looking forward to this series starting. I hope we bat well, I think that's going to be key. What's the consensus with the third bowler - is Tremlett playing?

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Guess I'm the only one still worried about Tremletts lack of match fitness given the press seem to think he'll be playing tomorrow. Hopefully he gets through the game fine.

Gona really need to change my sleep pattern around to follow this series.