• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
How about the player who wanders around in the field? Had a game pre Christmas where a lad chased a ball from mid off to extra cover. Bowler bowls the next ball and it's chipped as a dolly to mid off. Everyone turns around waiting for the catch and the kid is still at cover.

Tbf he'd have hurt himself when the ball hit his head as he tried to catch it.
keeper's fault tbf. he has to be watching for **** like that.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Dropping skiers pisses me off to unhealthy levels. Hit my captain in the shin with a stump when he dropped 3 consecutive skiers off my bowling when it was the last wicket and they needed 10 to win off 6 balls in a local community tournament final.

uvelocity

International Coach
we all knew they lost 7 in a row. just sticks out that the scores all read as absolute poundings

If you called each innings 300, they are being beaten by an average of 313. wowee

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
What a shame Jono's man stood up again. Reckon Kohli has the bottle plus a nice dash of self confidence to be a decent test player. If Dhoni thinks having Raina as pressure for him is a good thing then I would be saying to VVS/Dravid that the next block of training will determine who misses out in Adelaide.

If 'crash' craddock is correct, and they did rock up an hour late to pre-match training session and put in a poor net, heads should roll. Fletcher is a prank coach I think. Living off a McGrath rolled ankle, Dhoni seems a cool/calm customer but lacks the mongrel of a Harby/Ganguly to really rally the troops and set the standard. Probably helped (like punter) by having 3.5 ATG batsmen in his side who have performed brilliantly prior to England away and allowed his style to come off. He needs to evolve as a captain if India are to push ahead.
From what his former charges say he's great technically (although precious ****ing little evidence from India currently), but not so much a people person. With England he was lucky he had two good captains in Hussain and Vaughan who could be his liaision with the players. If the relationship with Dhoni isn't there (and MS doesn't ever sound like a man who wants to hear home truths; there's defending one's players and there's being obtuse) I think he'll struggle to impose his vision.

seriously what do you guys think is going through Cooley's head as he sees Siddle and Hilf bowl, y'know, not badly?
The contents of his pearl-handled revolver if he be a man of honour.

Anyway, two random thoughts/questions:

1) Were India ever whitewashed in the McWarne era?

2) Has anyone ever score a century on the first day of a test when his team has batted second before?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
From what his former charges say he's great technically (although precious ****ing little evidence from India currently), but not so much a people person. With England he was lucky he had two good captains in Hussain and Vaughan who could be his liaision with the players. If the relationship with Dhoni isn't there (and MS doesn't ever sound like a man who wants to hear home truths; there's defending one's players and there's being obtuse) I think he'll struggle to impose his vision.

The contents of his pearl-handled revolver if he be a man of honour.

Anyway, two random thoughts/questions:

1) Were India ever whitewashed in the McWarne era?

2) Has anyone ever score a century on the first day of a test when his team has batted second before?
#2 was asked earlier in the thread and apparently Graeme Smith has done it. I'm sure that's not the answer you were hoping for. :p

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Haha, mate the keeper is trying to remember to stand behind the off side, not the leg side. They're nine and ten year olds.
I "coach" a group of under 7s in Aussie Rules and it is a complete shambles.

Never mind the fact that there are no rules in the stupid game anyway - most of the kids are happy to kick the ball a couple of times, have a pile-on with their mates on the other side of the field or eat grass

Mind you, parents are happy as they can lie under a tree sucking on their Starbucks whilst we perform glorified child-minding :laugh:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Well I obviously haven't really done any coaching but I thought that would've been part of the fun - getting the most out of someone naturally pretty ****house and seeing them hold their own at a decent level would be pretty rewarding, no?
If they want to be there, then yes.

Unfortunately, too many kids are there with underage cricket because, either their mates are there, or their parents want them to be there. So they aren't interested in learning or getting better.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
If they want to be there, then yes.

Unfortunately, too many kids are there with underage cricket because, either their mates are there, or their parents want them to be there. So they aren't interested in learning or getting better.
Fair enough. I never even played kids' cricket, let alone coached it, so I really have no idea what it's like. I've helped a few new cricketers with no idea at clubs I've been at though and it's always been really satisfying to see them improve and succeed, but they've always been adults or late teens and clearly wanted/appreciated the help.