• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Naman Ojha should be the next in line imo. Younger and a much more aggressive bat with proper technique.
Ojha's keeping is a bit suspect though(though it has improved,i think.).Same with Kaul. Othewise they would be ahead of Saha.

Karthik was probably the best WK batsman after Dhoni, but his keeping had slipped when he was dropped too.

Think "useless" is harsh. "Done nothing of note" more accurate, I'd say - although the Indian posters might correct me.
Yeah, he isn't completely useless with the bat. But hasn't looked anything above ordinary so far or much of a long term prospect. Form in domestic cricket has been improving recently, though.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
And if that's the case, then I hope he gets an epic send off in Adelaide, because I think he's one of the best visiting players I've ever had the pleasure to watch. Best to watch of all the great Indian players of his generation IMHO.
He does deserve it, funny how he has been awesome against you and ordinary against us and Dravid the other way round.

You wonder if Dravid might go soon too, Tendulkar will be able to go when he wants to but they may try and move Dravid on as well.

Burgey

He does deserve it, funny how he has been awesome against you and ordinary against us and Dravid the other way round.

You wonder if Dravid might go soon too, Tendulkar will be able to go when he wants to but they may try and move Dravid on as well.
Yeah it's an odd thing.

If Dravid retires too, Adelaide will become a very meaningful test tbh.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
and if that's the case, then i hope he gets an epic send off in adelaide, because i think he's one of the best visiting players i've ever had the pleasure to watch. Best to watch of all the great indian players of his generation imho.
:-O :jawdrop:

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
It'll feel strange once VVS retires, honestly. The man is an idol in this country, has performed so well against us so many times in some absurd situations. Never saw Kolkata live but will never, ever forget Mohali (and the way he threatened to club Ohja over the head)

Might start a valedictory thread once it's confirmed.

Top_Cat

Burgey using the word 'pleasure' in relation to watching an Indian player

Burgey using the world 'great' in relation to an Indian player

Burgey using the world 'honest' in his positive assessment of a visiting player
Unfair, unwarranted and just plain wrong.

Burgey

Burgey using the word 'pleasure' in relation to watching an Indian player

Burgey using the world 'great' in relation to an Indian player

Burgey using the world 'honest' in his positive assessment of a visiting player
Oh you have me all wrong I'm afraid.

I'd rather walk from here to Perth to watch Laxman bat for an hour than trundle across the road to see others play. I'm happy to give players credit if I think they're good or great, even sanctimonious ****s like Tendulkar. Tbh the fawning here (in Australia and CW) over Tendulkar is what ****s me about him more than anything else. That and his selective deafness. But it ****s me to tears when he plays a leg glance and a billion people do a load. It's absurd really - "Great batsman puts away legside half volley shocker". Whoop de ****ing do.

Guys like Laxman and Dravid I've long thought of as great players. And while I put a lot of **** on indian supporters because some of them are ****s, it doesn't mean I think those players are no good. Even Zaheer, who now Harbhajan is out of the picture may now be the most lazy, big-headed, downhill skiing and odious character in world cricket to me, is obviously a very decent bowler now and no longer the joke he was at the start of his career.

So it's not that I won't give them credit. It's just that, especially with Tendulkar, there is a genuine need to compensate the OTT self love many on here express through their posts about him.

Fair
And
Balanced.

Edit: and I knew you were having a lend mate.

Last edited:

morgieb

Player ratings:

Gambhir 3.5
Sehwag 1
Dravid 4
Tendulkar 1
Laxman 3
Kohli 7
Dhoni 0
Vinay Kumar 1
Zaheer 5
Sharma 1
Yadav 8

Cowan 8
Warner 10
Marsh 2
Ponting 1
Clarke 2
Hussey 2
Haddin 1
Siddle 8
Harris 3
Starc 7
Hilfenhaus 9

morgieb

And if that's the case, then I hope he gets an epic send off in Adelaide, because I think he's one of the best visiting players I've ever had the pleasure to watch. Best to watch of all the great Indian players of his generation IMHO.
Completely AWTA.

Burgey

Grange Hermitage, Coopers Ale, and the city in the rear-view mirror are all highlights for mine
Got to be one of the few places where leaving on the road to Oodnadatta is actually a relief :ph34r:

And you left out Crazy Horse.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
In terms of India's bowling, I'd like to see them replace Kumar and Ishant with Ashwin and Ojha

And if I was a selector, I'd also be telling Sehwag that he's ****ing lucky that Dhoni is out and he was VC as he'd have been gone as well

Last edited: