• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

Ruckus

International Captain
Since when has Australia been in the business of giving away debuts for fun?

You've got to earn it.
Well quite often in recent times to be honest. You can hardly say, compared to the rest of the competition, Pattinson, Cummins, Starc, Warner etc. have earnt it.

benchmark on point here. We've suddenly had success by *gasp* picking the best XI in the country, why on earth would you want to change that philosophy now?
To give a new, promising, player some preliminary experience with the hope of building squad depth.

I'm not saying I'm for that idea, I'm sitting on the fence a little, but there is no doubt both options have benefits.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Btw what are peoples thoughts on dead rubber matches? Treat them like any other match, or use them to experiment a little with team changes?
When your a touring team who has lost 3-0 including 2 innings defeats, you definitely should experiment a little. When your the host nation who are trying to go for 4-0, they have to pick the best team. If a bowler is carrying a little niggle, just bring in whoever is considered the fourth seamer. Lyon will definitely play in Adelaide, his home ground.

So many of the 22 players who played in Perth have a big reason to do well - Both teams have competition for spots in most areas.

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
For where Australia is currently at, 4-0 would be a huge result compared with 3-1. I think India will turn up and compete at Adelaide too, so the Aussies can't rest on the laurels at all.

Spark

Global Moderator
Holy **** :laugh:

We haven't been too quick either - how slow must he have been? The Test finished in 2 and a half days ffs. Although I guess he's accumulated "infractions" on this before.