• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan and England in UAE

Who do you think will win?!

• Total voters

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
I prefer Finn. They both go for runs but Finn has a great strike rate.

f/c
Finn 3.48 Onions 3.61
Test
Finn 3.89 Onions 3.64
I am not familiar with their stats...However I saw Onions in the Ashes 09 and then in South Africa 09. On the other hand, I saw Finn in the Ashes 2010 and although he took a few wickets, he looked a bit 'soft' to me..in the sense that I can see him cracking when under attack..its simply a first impression and I could be wrong. On the other hand with Onions..I like what I have seen so far...Ultimately neither of them have played enough to be assessed seriously. Tremlett, Broad and Anderson would still be my first choice but if one of them gets injured, I would like to see Onions get the call.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
I really, really think Australia has a great crop of fast bowlers who are better than Pakistan's.

They haven't played many tests but you only have to watch them bowl.
Harris, Cummins and Pattinson are right up there..no doubt.. If these guys can remain fit and England maintain their current level of performance, the next Ashes is going to be a cracking contest..

Pattinson vs Pietersen...a mouth watering contest.

Jacknife

International Captain
I am not familiar with their stats...However I saw Onions in the Ashes 09 and then in South Africa 09. On the other hand, I saw Finn in the Ashes 2010 and although he took a few wickets, he looked a bit 'soft' to me..in the sense that I can see him cracking when under attack..its simply a first impression and I could be wrong. On the other hand with Onions..I like what I have seen so far...Ultimately neither of them have played enough to be assessed seriously. Tremlett, Broad and Anderson would still be my first choice but if one of them gets injured, I would like to see Onions get the call.
You must have watched Finn against Pakistan though, Finn has got all the tools to be one of the best around and has improved vastly since the Ashes imo, the only problem back then was he lost his action a bit but that's a thing he's has and will work on being so young. I'd never have him down as being soft at all, seems to have a good head about him.

Your forgetting Bresnan who's probably in front of Tremlett atm and hasn't put a foot wrong for us. Tremlett is the better bowler and tbh when fit he's one of the best around imo. I agree that England's best 3 bowlers are the ones you listed but Bresnan adds so much to England's balance, which they'll miss in the UAE imo.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
You must have watched Finn against Pakistan though, Finn has got all the tools to be one of the best around and has improved vastly since the Ashes imo, the only problem back then was he lost his action a bit but that's a thing he's has and will work on being so young. I'd never have him down as being soft at all, seems to have a good head about him.
Taking wickets against Pakistan is not really the yardstick in my books..especially against that Pakistan line up.

Your forgetting Bresnan who's probably in front of Tremlett atm and hasn't put a foot wrong for us. Tremlett is the better bowler and tbh when fit he's one of the best around imo. I agree that England's best 3 bowlers are the ones you listed but Bresnan adds so much to England's balance, which they'll miss in the UAE imo.
I haven't forgotten Bresnan..he is ruled out of the series right..I was talking about this current series..

Jacknife

International Captain
Taking wickets against Pakistan is not really the yardstick in my books..especially against that Pakistan line up.

I haven't forgotten Bresnan..he is ruled out of the series right..I was talking about this current series..
Never said it was bud, you said you just him against Aus, thought you may have seen him in England against your team, that's all.
You never stated it was this series, so I thought you was talking generally.

Spark

Global Moderator
Broad out means that it's very close to even tbh. Huuuuge blow if he's out.

EDIT: Probably will be fine based on what I'm hearing though.

Furball

Evil Scotsman

AWTA.

Nothing is ever going to keep him down.

FBU

International Debutant
Onions was added to the original squad to cover for Bresnan, Tremlett and Broad. I would have gone for Woakes as he would cover two of the three because he can bat and had a better season than Onions. With Broad's injury scare we wouldn't have any bowlers who could get runs, if he was unable to play. Also Woakes would be getting practice before the ODIs.