• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan and England in UAE

Who do you think will win?!

• Total voters

Eds

International Debutant
If Tremlett and Onions were fully fit, would be a close one between who I'd prefer in those two, it may come down solely to pitch conditions. Finn is slightly behind those two as it stands, the both Tremlett and Onions are more understanding of their own actions and the type of bowlers they are, Finn at the moment is coming to terms with the role he could play in the England side. Looking at his ODI performances he is improving, but will have to see if that extends to Test cricket.
I think you may overrate Onions then.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I really, really think Australia has a great crop of fast bowlers who are better than Pakistan's.

They haven't played many tests but you only have to watch them bowl.

I realise this isn't relevant, just thought I'd be a **** and do some reverse thread hijacking by making wholly irrelevant posts about a non-partixipant country in a tour thread.

Beleg

International Regular
I really, really think Australia has a great crop of fast bowlers who are better than Pakistan's.

I realise this isn't relevant, just thought I'd be a **** and do some reverse thread hijacking by making wholly irrelevant posts about a non-partixipant country in a tour thread.
you've got a very fair point tho. i can't remember the last time you had so many capable aussie youngsters springing out of the woodwork concurrently

pakistani fast bowling options, at least the ones being tried presently, stink of mediocrity

there hasn't been a genuinely exciting prospect since amir

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

............... and I entirely agree with your implied acceptance that they're not as good as England's

Daemon

:laugh:

Burgey

............... and I entirely agree with your implied acceptance that they're not as good as England's
That's neither implied nor accepted. England will at best draw this series, and their 5 minutes of cricketing sunshine will begin to fade.

Jacknife

International Captain
If Tremlett and Onions were fully fit, would be a close one between who I'd prefer in those two, it may come down solely to pitch conditions. Finn is slightly behind those two as it stands, the both Tremlett and Onions are more understanding of their own actions and the type of bowlers they are, Finn at the moment is coming to terms with the role he could play in the England side. Looking at his ODI performances he is improving, but will have to see if that extends to Test cricket.

Don't agree on the Onions and Tremlett thing, if they're both fully fit Tremlett is a far more effective bowler and would get my nod every time, even taking pitch conditions into consideration. Onions is a good bowler don't get me wrong but when fit Tremlett is right up there as one off the best bowlers in the world.

Yes, Finn is going to have to work out what type of bowler he's going to be for England because he has it in him to be a out and out speed merchant, run in and bowl as fast as you can, or a line and length guy. Obviously it's about which will bring him more success and he's said in the past he wants to be seen as in the McGrath mold.

flibbertyjibber

They do, injuries look a major problem though. Hope for crickets sake it is just a growing pain type thing with them being so young and they aren't a new breed of Gough's and Flintoff's.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach

Is this because I hijacked Aus vs India thread not so long ago?

But I will forgive your reverse hijacking because of your post below. :laugh:

That's neither implied nor accepted. England will at best draw this series, and their 5 minutes of cricketing sunshine will begin to fade.
As to the jokers arguing about who should play between Onions, Finn and Tremlett, does it really matter because any one of them will cause huge problems for us. Feel so jealous (and against England as well :-O).

Oh and Pak bowlers > Aus bowlers (except Pattinson)

Burgey

Is this because I hijacked Aus vs India thread not so long ago?

But I will forgive your reverse hijacking because of your post below. :laugh:

As to the jokers arguing about who should play between Onions, Finn and Tremlett, does it really matter because any one of them will cause huge problems for us. Feel so jealous (and against England as well :-O).

Oh and Pak bowlers > Aus bowlers (except Pattinson)
Haha, no mate. Just there's been about 4 pages or so of talk about the Soap Dodgers in that thread, culminating in a discussion on the relative merits of NZ's attack and the second string England bowlers.

flibbertyjibber

Haha, no mate. Just there's been about 4 pages or so of talk about the Soap Dodgers in that thread, culminating in a discussion on the relative merits of NZ's attack and the second string England bowlers.
More interesting than the match though. You lot beating a side who look like they don't want to be there is not great. Same as last summer, fun for a while but boring by the end.

flibbertyjibber

Speak for yourself. I didn't find it the slightest bit boring...
Ha, 4th test when India were there but only in body not mind was not enjoyable for me. Rather have a good contest and win that like 05 and 09.

Last winter was bloody good though, wouldn't mind back to back repeats next year to put them Aussies in their place.

Pothas

Nah 4th test was great, they also looked like they might get a draw until that last hilarious collapse.

Jacknife

International Captain
Yes when it's your own side, you can happily watch a team dominate but as a neutral I can't be arsed watching once it becomes one sided, tend to just catch the highlights.

Jacknife

International Captain
Nah 4th test was great, they also looked like they might get a draw until that last hilarious collapse.
Don't know about a draw with only needing 7 wickets in the day but yes Mishra was a **** to dismiss, then once Tendulkar went they fell like a house of cards.

Pothas

No not once it got going but I was there and for a while Mishra especially looked pretty comfortable, it definetly looked like we were going to have to chase something.

smash84

The Tiger King

:laugh:

btw I do awta