• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Even if Warner is the next Sehwag(which he is not, technically he is superior_ Sehwag never had any footwork), Australia could do with it, given the current situation. An opener who can take the game away from the opposition in a session and also has the knack of playing big knocks is a welcome addition to the line up. Only would like to see a Langer-like fellow with him, someone who can hold the other end. Watson is a bit too similar to Warner to open with him IMO.
Think Dr Cowan is just about doing enough to stay ahead of the top order competition, so when Twatto is fit again #3 might be the obvious fit with Marsh unable to purchase runs for cash money just now.

Still not convinced Cowan's a test quality batsman, but he seems to know his game well and applies himself every time he goes in.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Chris Martin, ahead of Onions. Has Onions even played a full series outside England? And on that day, Dougie Bracewell bowled as well as Finn has ever bowled. You are overrating England's bowlers.
Perma-ban please. Onions is light years ahead of that abject mediocrity, Onions is a guy who'd pick up lots of Test wickets against all teams at 30 instead of a guy who's just got his average below 35 and is largely useless against quality batting.

Back on topic I think Australian fans are getting ahead of themselves with their bowling. They've not come up against anyone remotely decent yet. New Zealand and India on an away tour are about as bad as it gets, two Tests against South Africa on juicy pitches is not a lot to look at. Coming up a decent batting lineup on a decent pitch will be completely new, as will be batsmen counter-attacking - as far as the 'new attack' as a whole is concerned (obviously there are old guys involved who have supposedly turned a new leaf). I think part of the reason Siddle is a bit rubbish against tailenders is because he doesn't react well to batsmen getting after him, his length falls apart. Lets see what they're like when the going gets tough.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Though if you read the tour thread, Hobart flattened out when Brownlie scored his fifty, then unflattened out when Australia batted, only for it to flatten out again when Hughes and Warner cruised along, then unflattened out when Doug bowled his spell.
Haha I love this about cricket fans. "Yeah, but those runs were on a flat pitch. We know it was a flat pitch because he scored runs on it."

Or how players mysteriously "lose form" when batting against good attacks and "get back to their best" against poor ones.

benchmark00

Perma-ban please. Onions is light years ahead of that abject mediocrity, Onions is a guy who'd pick up lots of Test wickets against all teams at 30 instead of a guy who's just got his average below 35 and is largely useless against quality batting.

Back on topic I think Australian fans are getting ahead of themselves with their bowling. They've not come up against anyone remotely decent yet. New Zealand and India on an away tour are about as bad as it gets, two Tests against South Africa on juicy pitches is not a lot to look at. Coming up a decent batting lineup on a decent pitch will be completely new, as will be batsmen counter-attacking - as far as the 'new attack' as a whole is concerned (obviously there are old guys involved who have supposedly turned a new leaf). I think part of the reason Siddle is a bit rubbish against tailenders is because he doesn't react well to batsmen getting after him, his length falls apart. Lets see what they're like when the going gets tough.
Sydney deck wasn't good enough batting conditions?

Spark

Global Moderator

To be honest I think every single bowling lineup in the world is very prone to this. The very good ones just don't let it happen.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not really mate, but you'd have to be blind not to see that they've improved in the way they go about things. The fact is, it's hard to get after an attack that is bowling a good line and length consistently. If the Australian attack continues to do so then they'll go better against England than they did last time, if they don't then they won't.

To be honest, it isn't difficult to improve on what we'd dished up in the two years prior to now.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Perhaps, but there's a bloody good reason for them to be doing so.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Scaly just be trolling. Last time I looked SA & India were #2 & 3 in tests. If they don't fit the "remotely decent" criteria it basically means only England does. Ergo Australia can't be any good until they play us.

Flem274*

123/5
The closest hospital in England to NZ is light years away?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Back on topic, would love to see Dravid ton up tomorrow. Champion bloke and it'd be awful to see him end on a downer.

Looked in much better touch second innings than first, which was just horrible to see. Rahul was figthing so hard, but his game was betraying him.

benchmark00

Back on topic, would love to see Dravid ton up tomorrow. Champion bloke and it'd be awful to see him end on a downer.

Looked in much better touch second innings than first, which was just horrible to see. Rahul was figthing so hard, but his game was betraying him.
You just know India are one wicket away from a collapse though.