• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I have to stop answering your rubbish...but if I remember correctly England got bowled out for 51 against the WI not long before they beat us didn't they?
Yeah 3 years ago with an interim coach and a new captain. Only lost 4 of our last 34 tests and won 20 of them. Not worried about your lot coming over next year to be honest seeing as you lost 4 of your last 6 against us.

flibbertyjibber

One good thing from India's point of view is that they seem to have found a genuine wicket-taking bowler in Umesh Yadav. He might be a bit expensive but can be used as a strike bowler. Has pace, bounce and is young too. Good find.
You could have said the same about Ishant on the last tour there. Giving him some slack though as he is carrying that injury. Why they can't just get it done and let him play free of problems is beyond me.

Spark

Global Moderator
Considering that they've bowled seriously well for six straight innings now, I disagree.

Watch the cricket FFS.

Flem274*

123/5
Watch how they're bowling mate. Hilf and co. are producing deliveries that would trouble anyone.

That doesn't mean they will do it consistently, but right now they're producing the goods.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Also dangerous to say that a bowling attack containing Hilf and Siddle is good though, 517-1 and all that.:D
The point is that it's dangerous to say 517-1 ---> can't bowl.

You're taking the same dangerous over-confident attitude Australian fans had towards bowlers like Anderson before the last Ashes. Now Siddle and Hilfenhaus are not as good as Anderson no matter how much Son of Coco will probably disagree but Siddle was actually pretty good in the Ashes despite a lack of support and Hilfenhaus is bowling much better now.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah 3 years ago with an interim coach and a new captain. Only lost 4 of our last 34 tests and won 20 of them. Not worried about your lot coming over next year to be honest seeing as you lost 4 of your last 6 against us.
Tbh, I reckon 2013 will be too soon for Oz

For whatever reason, we've largely missed a generation of players and our real talents (Cummins, Pattinson, Starc, Warner, MMarsh, Khawaja etc) will still be kids by then and Ponting/Hussey will have declined further

flibbertyjibber

The point is that it's dangerous to say 517-1 ---> can't bowl.

You're taking the same dangerous over-confident attitude Australian fans had towards bowlers like Anderson before the last Ashes. Now Siddle and Hilfenhaus are not as good as Anderson no matter how much Son of Coco will probably disagree but Siddle was actually pretty good in the Ashes despite a lack of support and Hilfenhaus is bowling much better now.
Even if they have improved which they probably have the fact remains England have a better bowling attack and Australia haven't rectified the batting problems so if Aussies start bowling us out we will just bowl them out cheaper anyway.

Teja.

Global Moderator
You could have said the same about Ishant on the last tour there. Giving him some slack though as he is carrying that injury. Why they can't just get it done and let him play free of problems is beyond me.
Nah, You could not really. Ishant was seen as promising, unlucky, constantly getting quality batsman in knots and bowling good tight spells. He ended with 6 wickets @ 60 and ****s wanking over him as if he took 20 wickets @ 25.

Yadav has been constantly criticized for being erratic, lucky, **** etc. but god knows, He's a wicket-taking bowler. He already has 12 wickets @ 30(?), decent enough IMO for a youngster with all of 2 tests experience travelling away from home for the first time.

flibbertyjibber

Tbh, I reckon 2013 will be too soon for Oz

For whatever reason, we've largely missed a generation of players and our real talents (Cummins, Pattinson, Starc, Warner, MMarsh, Khawaja etc) will still be kids by then and Ponting/Hussey will have declined further
Agree with this.If we were travelling to you before the WC I think you may win, as it is the fact that the batting looks so dodgy with Ponting and Hussey coming to the end as well means I am fairly confident we will get the better of you.

Just hope one side doesn't get on a roll and ends up winning 7 or 8 of the 10 matches beating a demoralised opposition, be pretty boring to watch really. Be great to have a couple of series like 05 and 09.

Burgey

Even if they have improved which they probably have the fact remains England have a better bowling attack and Australia haven't rectified the batting problems so if Aussies start bowling us out we will just bowl them out cheaper anyway.
Umm, no. You can't say that at all frankly. England have a very good attack ATM but that's something Andy Roberts would and did say about the Windies attack in the 80s. This England attack is not in that league.

Spark

Global Moderator
When both sides are being bowled out cheaply it only takes one or two batsmen to stand up to make a real difference. Granted, England have more whilst you could only really point to Clarke for us (given that he's done it once before in England), but two years is a long time in cricket - batsmen may lose form.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
If your English bowlers are so much better than the Aussies, why don't they average less?