• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

Teja.

Global Moderator
Swann has the most padded record in international cricket

FMD, he averages 40 against the worst Oz teams we've put in the field for 2 decades and does the same against shell-shocked India

Guy is a complete fraud and I almost gag every time I hear him referred to as "the world's best spinner" as it does nothing more than point out how low spinning stocks are
I agree with this to a lesser degree.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Current Tremlett is bowling medium pace in sun glasses because his eye is still ****ed
And current Bracewell is getting hit around for 9rpo by Anton Devcich. I've heard they've both actually played cricket before the last few days though. Surprising I know.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
To be fair though, the Aussies can only beat what is in front of them and India may be poor but they are being given the thrashing they deserve. Just think some people are running before they can walk as this same Aussie team drew with NZ a few weeks back and they are hardly a great side.

One thinks what the hell has happened with India though, not long back they were number 1 ranked and had just won the World cup, now rapidly turning into a laughing stock. What has gone wrong?

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Compare the attacks he got them against and compare that with the England one and think again.:D

Had to chuckle at Taylor and Slater bigging up the Aussie attack as if it is worldbeating. Have they forgotten what happened 12 months ago?
It's improved a bit compared to last year though...it's not the same attack either. England will be a bigger challenge, but I think the point you're making about Warner and the English attack stands for the English batting line-up too. Yes, I'm sure they've improved. but there's been some steaming turds served up to them on a platter regularly too. The standout for me is the English bowling, it's very good.

It will take a challenge against a better team than India too though to see if we've really improved too much, although I think it's fair to say the bowling has taken a step ahead. We're hitting one side of the pitch regularly, which is a vast improvement.

Spark

Global Moderator
As I said before, with two Test series you have to be careful about playing the names and you have to really stick to the actual cricket involved.

EDIT: I know India aren't batting well at all, but even so - Tendulkar, Dravid, Laxman, Sehwag - these are decent players ffs, not just club batsmen who throw their wicket away even if you bowl pies half the time.

Last edited:

The_roc

U19 Captain
Yeah but sometimes you can take things for granted, remember 89,'90',93,'94,97, 98; 01, 02. :D
Pleased to see you have a good memory. This should sustain you over the coming years when you can expect little success against meaningful opposition.

Australia went down the ICC test rankings nearly as fast as Harmless went down the bowling rankings. There was a reason for this. The top 3 batsman are crap, Ponting is about to retire and you don't want to be waiting for your No 5 to be the first person who knows which end of the bat to hold.

You may have some promising young bowlers, but that's all they are. Promising youngsters. I remember a promising young batsman called Hughes who was world class after playing in 2 tests. Where will he be this summer? Playing second division cricket at Worcestershire.

Spikey

EDIT: I know India aren't batting well at all, but even so - Tendulkar, Dravid, Laxman, Sehwag - these are decent players ffs, not just club batsmen who throw their wicket away even if you bowl pies half the time.

:ph34r:

Spark

Global Moderator
Pleased to see you have a good memory. This should sustain you over the coming years when you can expect little success against meaningful opposition.

Australia went down the ICC test rankings nearly as fast as Harmless went down the bowling rankings. There was a reason for this. The top 3 batsman are crap, Ponting is about to retire and you don't want to be waiting for your No 5 to be the first person who knows which end of the bat to hold.

You may have some promising young bowlers, but that's all they are. Promising youngsters. I remember a promising young batsman called Hughes who was world class after playing in 2 tests. Where will he be this summer? Playing second division cricket at Worcestershire.
Right. Will remember to discount any bowling performances before someone has played 10 Tests then.

FFS people, watch the bloody cricket before making judgements on players, and conversely don't be surprised when people who do watch the cricket do so.

Subhadeep

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Gambhir's rough patch has hit India. He was the one who used to give India the stability at the start of an innings. Sehwag is a walking wicket and Gambhir's bad form mean India are very vulnerable at the beginning. This and Laxman's sudden inability to locate his off stump has hit India hard.

Son Of Coco

He has only bowled us to victory in one game of each of the last ashes series. Never mind eh. Bring on next year and another crushing for you lot. No point having a half decent bowling line up if you can't bat.
The best thing about Swanneh is his nickname...He's a decent bowler, nothing more and nothing less.

Burgey

To be fair though, the Aussies can only beat what is in front of them and India may be poor but they are being given the thrashing they deserve. Just think some people are running before they can walk as this same Aussie team drew with NZ a few weeks back and they are hardly a great side.

One thinks what the hell has happened with India though, not long back they were number 1 ranked and had just won the World cup, now rapidly turning into a laughing stock. What has gone wrong?
Played a lot of tests at home around that time I've heard reported (haven't checked to see if that's so tbf).

morgieb

Yeah it's the last of Laxman I feel.

Also wouldn't be surprised if Dravid falls off the ship too. Or even Tendulkar if he gets his 100th ton.

Son Of Coco

Yeah and were skittled twice by NZ and got 47 against SA in recent times.:laugh:

So losing every member of the order 3-7 for under 20 against this India attack today is good is it?
I have to stop answering your rubbish...but if I remember correctly England got bowled out for 51 against the WI not long before they beat us didn't they?

Spark

Global Moderator
Think there's a very good chance that if someone stays in with him Dravid will make a big score tomorrow tbh. Looked much more his England-tour self this evening.

Burgey

Gambhir's rough patch has hit India. He was the one who used to give India the stability at the start of an innings. Sehwag is a walking wicket and Gambhir's bad form mean India are very vulnerable at the beginning. This and Laxman's sudden inability to locate his off stump has hit India hard.
Sehwag, after his brief set of failures in England then his poor run here, seems to have forgotten where his off stump is.

Subhadeep

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
One good thing from India's point of view is that they seem to have found a genuine wicket-taking bowler in Umesh Yadav. He might be a bit expensive but can be used as a strike bowler. Has pace, bounce and is young too. Good find.