• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

Ruckus

International Captain
Watson has def got to come back for Marsh when he is fit, surely. Also does this mean Ponting will average 30 for another 3 years?

adharcric

International Coach
I don't understand the call that Sharma needs time in County cricket. Why would any County team take on Sharma? Modest Test record, modest first class record and an awful record in English conditions.
What? Ishant is easily better than a large majority of English domestic bowlers. His first-class record is mostly his test record (against international opposition..) since he was picked so early, and even otherwise came on the flat tracks of the Ranji Trophy. I'm not foolish enough to compare him with the English test attack, even if we're talking potential and not current performance, but there's no way he isn't good enough talent-wise to bowl for an English domestic side. Regardless, it was a hypothetical suggestion.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
I wonder how many times a player has scored more in his first innings than the opposition did in their first innings, in two consecutive matches?

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
What? Ishant is easily better than a large majority of English domestic bowlers. His first-class record is mostly his test record (against international opposition..) since he was picked so early, and even otherwise came on the flat tracks of the Ranji Trophy. I'm not foolish enough to compare him with the English test attack, even if we're talking potential and not current performance, but there's no way he isn't good enough talent-wise to bowl for an English domestic side. Regardless, it was a hypothetical suggestion.
He isn't competing with English domestic players. Sharma needs to be a better option over the other international selections. Sharma is a massive risk due to his poor showing in English conditions.

Moot point anyway as you suggest as IPL will always take first priority, with only the opportunity of a short-term stint in County cricket available (which isn't the point as Sharma needs a full season of first class cricket to find benefit).

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jesus, Yadav bowls a lot of crap to get his wicket. Arsiest **** this side of quickies named Johnson.

And I never thought I'd ever say this but I think, Chappelli, we've heard enough about Les Favell.

EDIT: Wow @ Warner's late cut.

Last edited:

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Sharma stood there at the end of the over with a look of "I'm unlucky". No Ishant, your bowling short and wide.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
pitch looks like it might be starting to do wierd ****. Be good if we don't have to chase on this.
I've been afraid to say it for fear of being accused of Gamb'ing but yeah I would really like to get a lead closer to 300 and stay away from a 4th innings chase. It's not easy to bat on